Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.swampratknifeworks.com/copy-of-swamp-rat-mega-swamp-warden-swamp-comp-finish/

Near indestructible wee little pocket knife just hit the market yesterday. I’ve got one on order.
    That’s pretty cool. But ouch, that price.

I was bored and looking through emails a couple weeks back and found some middle eastern Damascus steel at crazy low prices on modern’s website. Might be Damascus from Damascus for all I know. So I bought a couple. Olive wood, rose wood, colored and natural camel bone were the scales. Nice looking pieces in the pics but we shall see.
    https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales...m-69838d8f-187b-4693-90a2-9cac08e427bb?open=1

3e9a39cd2b2f1fd2dbc07d4337a9ccb1.jpg

f4da9cc61a6c0b455afecdb5b9b7c336.jpg

a331867a442acb4b080f46ee7f0d2283.jpg

7226d238a1a62d8e91cd827d9511ef6e.jpg

These are the 3 I ordered and the description on one, which is nearly the same across the board as far as the steel. I imagine I have a while to wait though. I’ve never even seen high carbon Damascus blanks at these prices so I realize I’m taking a chance on these being legit. If they’re for real I’m ordering about half the line. Just hope they’ll still be there.

There was a couple folders, a razor, and several different styled fixed blades.

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Been carrying a SOG Spec Elite I Auto the last couple of weeks. Pleased so far, and USA made.
    2f662d7c2607fd3710618bb93ca21914.jpg
    1fc850852076b053340f29eef4e1dcf7.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I might have a problem. These are only a few of the knives I have ordered in the past month and a half. It started off because I was on a project where I was using a knife every day to open and break down hundreds of boxes a day. Then it became the stress from all the **** happening. Now, I am becoming a knife person. I can name many different models, know some of the better known designers and have even started thinking about designing my own. I am also to the point where I am going to start taking them apart to clean and polish to make some of the actions a little smoother. As long as my wife doesn’t find them all I should be good. I even had to buy a couple of knife rolls because having them all sitting on my dresser was becoming too obvious with the amount I was accumulating. Sorry for the crappy picture. Of the ones pictured I really like the quality and feel of the second one from the top with the blue handle. It is a Kizer Mini Sheepdog. Came in some really nice packaging, the workmanship is top notch and the action is smooth as silk. I can’t help but fidget with that one. Also, if you can pick up one of the Kershaw Launch series automatics you won’t be disappointed. I actually got the one on the bottom from a post on here about the sale. In my defense because of the awful economy you can find some really good sales. Hope you enjoy. I will try and put some more pics of the rest of my recent acquisitions soon.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I might have a problem. These are only a few of the knives I have ordered in the past month and a half. It started off because I was on a project where I was using a knife every day to open and break down hundreds of boxes a day. Then it became the stress from all the **** happening. Now, I am becoming a knife person. I can name many different models, know some of the better known designers and have even started thinking about designing my own. I am also to the point where I am going to start taking them apart to clean and polish to make some of the actions a little smoother. As long as my wife doesn’t find them all I should be good. I even had to buy a couple of knife rolls because having them all sitting on my dresser was becoming too obvious with the amount I was accumulating. Sorry for the crappy picture. Of the ones pictured I really like the quality and feel of the second one from the top with the blue handle. It is a Kizer Mini Sheepdog. Came in some really nice packaging, the workmanship is top notch and the action is smooth as silk. I can’t help but fidget with that one. Also, if you can pick up one of the Kershaw Launch series automatics you won’t be disappointed. I actually got the one on the bottom from a post on here about the sale. In my defense because of the awful economy you can find some really good sales. Hope you enjoy. I will try and put some more pics of the rest of my recent acquisitions soon.

I don’t see a problem. I do see you took advantage of that Kershaw deal I posted (I hope). Is that a fast blade or what! I also like that slim CRKT you have pictured. Great knives for the money.
    Yup, no problem that I can see... carry on.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I don’t see a problem. I do see you took advantage of that Kershaw deal I posted (I hope). Is that a fast blade or what! I also like that slim CRKT you have pictured. Great knives for the money.
    Yup, no problem that I can see... carry on.

It was you who posted that? Well, then thank you. Yes, that blade is fast as hell but does not bounce at all. I have another model that is also as fast but since the blade is bigger it kind of almost bounces back. This one, I am guessing because the blade is not as big, pops out and locks quickly. It also feels great in the hand. I am going to do a photo of my autos next.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It was you who posted that? Well, then thank you. Yes, that blade is fast as hell but does not bounce at all. I have another model that is also as fast but since the blade is bigger it kind of almost bounces back. This one, I am guessing because the blade is not as big, pops out and locks quickly. It also feels great in the hand. I am going to do a photo of my autos next.
    yes indeed, thin blade low mass=fast open with low recoil!

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Kershaw grinder just arrived today nothing fancy but worth the $20. I’ve had great luck with the assisted openers from them as everyday beaters. I like the blade design on this one as it’s kinda different from my others.

21CF4A7E-2123-4DD4-B5A3-4A881CB77B35.jpg

Top Bottom