Page 1 of 54 121151 ... LastLast

Knife in your pocket now.....

I think it would be great to see everyone's blades. So I suggest a picture thread showing what blade/s your carrying and what you think about the blade/s. I will be first

Currently Carrying:

2 USA made blades......

Chris Reeve Umnumzaan

Two titanium scales, frame lock, and s30v hollow ground blade. I love the blade shape especially the two finger ramps which allow for the user to choke up as well as the glass breaker at the top of the blade when folded. however, I dislike the small somewhat sharp edge on the frame lock scale side.

Case Folder

One of my grandfathers small folders I use this usually in public especially when I think some idiot is going to be intimidated by my Umnumzaan. The tip was broken so I reprofiled it using a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Show us what your sporting and tell us what you think about it.....
    Last edited by SirIsaacNewton; April 12th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

http://www.bladeops.com/Spyderco-Par...n-p/SC81GP.htm

i picked this up at a gun show a few months back, prior to this one i carried a ckt m16-0z

i prefer the spyderco, i like the hinge being on the top and find the little thumb hole super handy...she really could use a sharpening though :/

i think my next knife purchase, i will have to get my first benchmade. this was my first spyderco and have since purchased a second, but this is still my edc

I always at least carry one of many Case XX pocket knives that I have.

i always wanted to carry a case, but hate how they go sideways in my pocket.

Banned

Kershaw Clash
    USA Made - Chinese Steel Blade
    Liner Lock - Assister Opening

Bought it to see if 8Cr13Mov was any good and to see if I would like an AO knife without spending a ton of cash. I had enough points left on my Bass Pro Gold card to get it. It's a good beater knife if you don't want to ruin a spyderco or higher end kershaw. S30V is about the most expensive steel I will buy into. Opens extremely fast for a cheap knife. Ken Onion design with speed safe AO. This could easily be a great design if it weren't for the 8Cr13Mov, lack of a thumbstud, and scale material.

My thoughts on the 8Cr13Mov:
    A million times better than 420, 440, AUS-6, or AUS-8. Simple to sharpen and holds an edge fairly well for a good period of time even with heavy use. I haven't broken it yet ( although I do use my knife properly ), but my friend has the same knife and somehow managed to bend about an 1/8" of the tip about 60*. I'm surprised it didn't snap.

Still waiting on a Bayoushooter spyderco...

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post

Still waiting on a Bayoushooter spyderco...
    you and me both!

SureFire Delta Folder..

how you like the surefire?

No pics cause the camera is on the blink.

I normally carry at least 2 consisting of

Black Label BenchMade 912 Nitrous Tanto plain edge D2 http://www.benchmade.com/products/912

or a Boker Solingen Gemini Police 90B http://www.knivesplus.com/BK-90B-Bok...es-Gemini.HTML

Leatherman Wave in a Belt case and a Ka-Bar TDI Last Ditch in my boot.
    "They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." - General George Patton

All Items Posted For Sale Are From My Own Private, Personal Collection. Any Opinions Given Do Not Reflect The Official Policy Of Any Local, State Or Federal Agency.

Kershaw..... love it
    "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it!" Sir Winston Churchill

I use to carry a CRKT M-16 for years but now it won't hold an edge.

I recently replaced it with a Gerber Covert Mini and am pretty happy with it.

"The path to nobility is paved with valor and bravery, not LSD and sideburns." The Black Knight

KZ Scorpion Tactical Defense Pen FTW

***BayouShooter Fantasy Football 2010 Champion***

Quote Originally Posted by zbroome View Post
    i always wanted to carry a case, but hate how they go sideways in my pocket.
    I hate it also. I carry mine in my change pocket. It fits perfect and dont get sideways. I dont like a bunch of stuff in my pocket cause it gets my boxers all twisted up.

I also have a Case Sodbuster that I dearly love, however I never carry it due to the fact it doesn't have a lock blade and I would probably amputate an appendage if I tried to use it in the manner I use the others.

"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." - General George Patton

All Items Posted For Sale Are From My Own Private, Personal Collection. Any Opinions Given Do Not Reflect The Official Policy Of Any Local, State Or Federal Agency.

sodbuster holds an edge forever. keep one in my armrest

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    SureFire Delta Folder..

You and Nolacop carry those things huh. When I took the CHP class he offered he showed us his blade. What do you think about that thing and have you compared it to any other blades in the same price range because at 400+ bucks you can get some pretty amazing stuff. Is it actually manufactured by surefire or was it designed by surefire and manufactured by a knife company and sold under the surefire name?

usn edition endura

Geaux Tigers!

Gold Member
    Currently I have a Spyderco Tenacious and a Kershaw Leek in my pocket. Those are my two most common carry knives, and when I am at work, I have both with me at all times.

Marksman
    Spyderco Stretch FRN w/ZDP-189 Blue

The Gringo Pistolero
    Right now a Al Mar SERE. When I am out and about I tote the Al Mar and a Spyderco Para-Military. The Para is flatter so it goes in my waist band.