Well, I am a better shooter than I was when I woke up this morning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I managed to get some personal training with Joe Beaubouef (Managing Director/Cheif trainer of Long Range Alley) today. He knows how to shoot, let me tell you. 10mm in the 10 ring all day long. Anyway, I have taken various tactical courses, but never had any specific marksmanship training. I am psyched. We worked on off hand rifle shooting and pistol marksmanship. What I learned or was reminded of today:

• Need to remember not to let my pistol trigger come farther forward than it has to.
    • Need to remember to grip more with my off hand, and less with my strong hand
    • Need to "push" and "pull" more, as appropriate, with my hands on my pistol grip
    • Need to keep my sling tighter, so as to take full advantage of it in stabilizing my rifle
    • Need to remember to keep a good finger/trigger relationhip on my rifle, like I do on my pistol
    • KEEP MY DANG ELBOWS DOWN
    Just having someone experienced with me watching me and pointing those things out got my off hand shooting to look alot more like my bench shooting. I'm 'bout it. Now I can't wait to get back out there and do this some more (as if I needed more encouragement to shoot stuff). :D

Top Bottom