Looking for a club to join or land to hunt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpritch

Quick Learner
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I am looking for a place to hunt. I used to live and hunt right up against Joyce Wildlife Management outside Ponchatoula, but thanks to the evil exwife I no longer have that luxury. I'm used to hunting swamp type area (waders and piruque in and out, wood ducks flying about 80mph through the trees, you get the idea). I'd prefer some dry ground, but I ain't picky. I just want to be able to hunt again. Anything ya'll can offer i'd appreciatcha.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    why not in joyce? It seems very under hunted to me. That is where i am trying to do most of my duck and pig hunting next season after I learn it a bit more.

kpritch

Quick Learner
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Ponchatoula, LA
    It is underhunted. I used to come into it from the north. I have seen monster deer coming in and out of it. I/we would draw the deer out of the swamp with food plots on the edge. If you can find some of the spots around the oak trees or find their little holes they sit in you can murderlize the ducks. I used to sit back there and listen to people hunt the ducks and deer with air boats, which is also illegal. It really boils down to that I don't live on the edge anymore and I do not own a good flat boat or surface drive. I would if I could but the means just aren't there.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    If you don't mind hunting in North Louisiana the club I have been in for 3 years now is taking a few new members this year.....
    We are located S.W. of Monroe and have 3,000 acres for about 22 members. No stand is closer than 350 yards to another one and each member has 2 stands each (no club stands)

Rules take up only about a page or two and deal with the one or two work days per year we have and hunter safety.
    P.M. me if you want more info.......

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom