Conceal Carry at Zoo???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yep. So is the aquarium, but that would be a lousy place to get into a gunfight! Cracking the gulf tank would suck! :)

I've carried there and never thought of that. Talk about complete chaos if that happened! I wonder how much you'd be charged with in damages (in addition to lawsuits from innocent bystanders eaten by sharks). :rofl:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    first time I think of that one, IM actually going to the aquarium next weekend with my 5 year old hehe (if he behaves)

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Question for you experts: My cousin in law from Saint John, New Brunswick, is about to arrive in NO.

Which of the two, the Aquarium or the Bug Place, is the better to visit if you can only visit one?

I've been to the Aq and loved it, but haven't made the Bugs.

bravobadger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Question for you experts: My cousin in law from Saint John, New Brunswick, is about to arrive in NO.

Which of the two, the Aquarium or the Bug Place, is the better to visit if you can only visit one?

I've been to the Aq and loved it, but haven't made the Bugs.

I'll pick the Aquarium over the Bugs any day. It's much larger, and there is more to see. You could easily make a day out of it. That being said, the Bug Museum isn't bad either. You won't spend all day in the Bug Museum, likely. Both locations are good if you want to go to the Quarter the same day, easily walkable, especially with the good weather.

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Both are fun. I've been to the Aquarium dozens of times, but the Insectarium only once. Both are really neat. But I didn't make a day out of either of them.

The Cabildo on the other hand....

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I will ALWAYS carry at the zoo. If one of those tigers, monkeys, gorillas, lions, whatever, gets loose and starts chasing my kid, I'm gonna empty my gun into that animal. I know its extremely unlikely, but that's one of my biggest fears.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I will ALWAYS carry at the zoo. If one of those tigers, monkeys, gorillas, lions, whatever, gets loose and starts chasing my kid, I'm gonna empty my gun into that animal. I know its extremely unlikely, but that's one of my biggest fears.

Maybe the bear just wants to cuddle with you phahahahahaahhaa

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

You carry a Bersa 380 right? Hopefully it is just one of those big parrots or you just might **** them off.

;)

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Maybe the bear just wants to cuddle with you.

You jealous?

You carry a Bersa 380 right? Hopefully it is just one of those big parrots or you just might **** them off.

Bersa Thunder Pro .40 S&W. ;)

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    went to the bug museum as a kid I think,(is that the Audubon Society thing, they have mounted insects and birds,etc, there?) where exactly is it located?

I wanna say the insectarium is fairly recent within the past 5-6 years. Its on Canal, I beilve on the corner of decateur

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Bersa Thunder Pro .40 S&W. ;)

movin-on-up.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members