Todd's adventures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Im not even sure where to start.
    I took a training class this past weekend with Max Michel and Blake Miguez. Couple of important things first.
    I have never paid for training of any kind. I never saw the value in it and was very worried that I'd be severely disappointed. I wasn't. Couple of things happen when people are teaching a class. The bottom people hog the majority of the instructors time and the middle and top feel like the got the short end of the stick or, the bottom is given the basics and told to follow along as best the can. None of these thing happened in this class.

I was the bottom rung in the class and because there were two instructors, I was blessed to have Blake spend a LOT of time talking in my ear. He and Max listened when I told them what I needed out of the class. I was honest about my short coming's and that made it so they could address my grip and trigger manipulation from the start.

(Hey benj, it was my grip bro !)

The class was honestly geared to address ALL levels of shooters.

In the end it was Max and Blake that got the short end of the stick. There's is no way to put a value on the info I got from them. I'm a new shooter because of them.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    So today was my second match since my class with Max and Blake. I had an AWESOME day shooting.
    Yes, I had mikes and a no shoot or two but I shot well. Very well for me. I have not been shooting since the last match but I have been dry firing a few times a week. I believe it makes a difference.
    One of the things I got from the class is strong hand pressure should be light in comparison to your off hand. I have always gorilla gripped my pistol. Being conscious of it has improved my shooting

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    So once again, I had a great day of shooting. I had two mikes and two No Shoot for the whole day. You have no idea how important that is and I hit all my steel with zero drama. Not one shot went left/low left. Not one.

While I still need improvement I can't express verbally what a better shooter my training with Max and Blake has made me.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I placed 3rd in Production "D" at the Area 4 Gator match today. I can't begin to tell you the level of awesomeness that brings me. I've never won anything shooting. It's a great feeling. Did I tell you how awesome it is for me ?
    As always, great group of people. Hats off to all that make it happen. It's not an easy thing to do. We were on squad 10 and had 7 people place from our squad. Pretty impressive.

Funny how much time I spend thinking, But, if I'd have done this or not done that, I'd have placed even better. lol

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Competitive shooter are the best people you can spend a weekend with. Do I want to win? Damn right I do, but being with and making new friends make it well worth the time if I don't place (which I didn't).
    Awesome job, Todd. You will only get better and enjoy it more each and every time!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Haven't been here in a while. Shooting has been great. Production D class but I have missed most of the classifiers and swapped over to limited for the local matches. No reason in particular. However,

I got a bug in my bag and decided to build an Open Glock. Why ? Because I wanted to see if I could.

I CAN !!!!! It took me a while to figure it out but I did.

I didn't ask too many questions because I wanted to figure it out on my own. I did a lot of reading on BE for loads and asked here I believe
    but that was it. None of it helped me much because of the trigger I'm using. In the end I called the company that loads for team Glock. Bent
    their ear for a little bit and off I went.

Gen 3 used Glock, raised the grip behind the trigger guard and an aggressive stippling. Milled the slide and built a comp for it. I had a Lone Wolf barrel. Trigger is something I put together. I had a McGlock trigger in it at one point though and I loved it. I had the slide milled for a
    JPoint. The Dot is not much higher than the factory sights.
    It cycles factory ammo even with the comp. (Im very stoked about that) And handles my Major load real well.

135G Alpha Bullets on top of 7.0g of Auto comp with Fed. SRP

WOOOT,WOOOT

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom