Suppressed Steyr Scout *Added Video*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I bought this Steyr from a member here. Lucky for me the barrel was already threaded. All I had to do was add the correct scout scope, ching sling, and an AAC mount (thanks to TDH). of course then I added my M4-2000.

I haven't spent much time with the Steyr, but first impression is I like it. Even with the AAC paperweight attached to the end it's surprisingly light. The built in bipod is handy, the scout scope is easy to use with both eyes open, and the sling is OK (though takes some figuring out).

Let me know what you guys think.

5550849055_6c582c6597_b.jpg

5550849015_9a15523b6f_b.jpg

5551431002_58b51631d6_b.jpg

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes this one is .223. A .308 would be nice but I don't have a 308 suppressor yet. I really just wanted a long gun that was cool to mount my M4-2000 to.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How is that bipod, is is sturdy?

The only problem with the bi pod is it's kinda loud. I can't really see anyone sneaking up on a target then releasing the bipod. It makes several loud clicking noises when it opens or closes. My regular Harris bipod is completely silent.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Just shot it at precision. Very quiet even in that little room. Much much quieter than the same can on my AR. This is what a silencer is supposed to sound like.

I didnt spend much time trying to zero it since I plan to take it to Sherburne and do all that at 100yds. I just quickly dialed it in to a group about the size of a quarter. Without the can it seemed like it shot left and high but I didn't spend much time really trying. I just wanted to make sure the thing worked.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The only problem with the bi pod is it's kinda loud. I can't really see anyone sneaking up on a target then releasing the bipod. It makes several loud clicking noises when it opens or closes. My regular Harris bipod is completely silent.

There is an adaptor to put a Harris bipod on there. If I still had it I would give it to you.

JR1572

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have several thousand .223 plus a few thousand .22LR through the can. Other than the finish has pretty much melted off and some signs of the first blast baffle being.. well blasted... the can is in good shape.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Very, very nice. I would love one in 308 with a 762 SDN 6, but that is a hell of a set up. With some copper 62 gr rounds that is a hell of a piece :)

My thoughts exactly. I am already talking to TDH about a 762 can. It's been too long since I have called the NFA to check on a status.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Here are some videos shot today at Woodman Springs comparing the suppressed Steyr to a variety of unsuppressed guns.

My Dad is the model for most of the shots. Sorry, I couldn't get a better looking model. And yes I know he isn't wearing eye protection on most of the shots but he's my Dad and I am not going to tell him to put eyes on if he doesn't want to.

Open in youtube to view in HD:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFvSbGp3vFg[/ame]

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd be curious to hear the difference between a silenced AR and the scout. I would guess it would be hard to hear the difference between them on video though. Gun shots always sound so muted on video...

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'd be curious to hear the difference between a silenced AR and the scout. I would guess it would be hard to hear the difference between them on video though. Gun shots always sound so muted on video...

I'd be willing to bet Teddy shot this video on his 5dMkII. Not gonna have the best sound, even with a hot shoe mic.

Top Bottom