WTT/WTS: PTR91 Paratrooper - Sold

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Got this in a trade a while back and it's a really cool rifle, shoots great, just doesnt fill a nitch in my collection right now.

Comes with:
    16" barrel
    H&K wide handguard
    modified HK91 "slim" handguard
    retractable stock (regular H&K buttstock provided)
    leather German sling
    about 30 magazines.

This is an older JLD Inc. made rifle with the A serial number so it shoots the surplus ammo (unlike the newer AW series which have had some problems digesting nasty surplus).

206856_1966200755631_1261272835_32274103_5872078_n.jpg

Looking to trade or may sell outright. Asking $1300 $1200 for everything.

Possible trade ideas:
    FAL (+/- cash). No Century or Hesse.
    M1A variant (+/- Cash)
    Maybe a 308 AR
    Certain AR15's
    Let me know what you got though. You never know what might peak my interest.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    That is a great rifle, I've got one with the fixed stock(in 7.62x39), and its a great shooting gun

Thanks. PTR make a great rifle. If I don't end up trading it I'm going to put the fixed stock on it, maybe get the slimmer handguards, a TacLatch II, put a bipod and a B&T low profile mount on top and put my Millet 1-4 scope on it. Just don't want to put the time/money into it if I'm not going to keep it.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Mines got an eotech and a light, but other than that its stock(and more than what ill ever need). I've been looking for a telescoping stock, at 5'7 the rifle is a bit big for me, but other than that, I've got absolutely no complaints. If you were to ask a cash price, any idea on what it would be?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Haven't really given a cash price much thought to be honest. Usually I just trade back and forth for things until I finally get what I was looking for. :D

The telscoping stock is a nice feature. I'm 5,11" and it fits me fine (and I usually keep my AR adjustable stock on the second position) so it would probably work great for you too.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Haven't really given a cash price much thought to be honest. Usually I just trade back and forth for things until I finally get what I was looking for. :D

The telscoping stock is a nice feature. I'm 5,11" and it fits me fine (and I usually keep my AR adjustable stock on the second position) so it would probably work great for you too.

The real pain is finding one, i've been looking for a couple of weeks now

thintheherd

always lookn buy & trade
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    new orleans
    hello I would like to offer a rock river ar15 pistol decked out flashlight, laser, and a red/greed dot scope the gun is in great shap if intrested let me know I live in the nola area and could meet today for you to look at i will check this for you reply thank you for your time

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    ^^^Might wanna post a picture, or at a minimum use periods.

Youre exactly right about the premiums, when I first decided to buy one, I saw it for 126 dollars plus S and H. I've been kicking myself in the ass all week for passing that up. I might actually look at the little book that came with the gun and see if they have a miniature catalog in there, I seem to think there is one.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Cash price?

The PTR Paratroopers go for about $1600 and up for just the rifle.

Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $1622.50 here: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/55671-55.html

Guns America has one listed for $1850 here: http://www.gunsamerica.com/953959445/Guns/Rifles/Heckler-Koch-Rifles/Tactical/PTR_91_KPF.htm

The cheapest I have found one was on Gunbroker for $1578 here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=225457481

Add to those prices another $180 for the H&K handguards, mags and accessories and you are at $1758 and up.

I would like to get $1300 for everything. Keep in mind that this is also an "A" series rifle and not the newer "AW" series. These were made differently with Wilson barrels (Not TC barrels like the newer ones) and the chamber fluting in the "A" series cycles surplus ammo better (from what I have read all over the net).

Last edited:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Nice rifle. I would keep it. Are you sure the forearm is from a 93? The 93 forearms are shorter. That looks like a standard G3 or 91 wide forearm.
    Also, some surplus ammo, especially some Indian and certain lots of South African is gummy and will clog up just about any rifle you shoot it in.
    In HK 9X types the fluted chambers are critical to proper function.
    What kind of flash hider is on there, if any? Early PTRs had none.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Nice rifle, i have a one and love it. I think you have to use the 93 handguards on the 16" barrel models. The regular HK91 handguards fit the 18" barrels.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Yep, you have to use 93 handguards on the 16" rifles.

SA surplus will gum up the newer PTRs (from what I've read). This one had no problems with the South African surplus I ran through it.

This one has a screw on A2 style flash hider.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Noooooooo!!!!!

Yeah, I know. It's a great shooter but like I said, just not filling a nitch in the collection. I have a Socom 16 for the 16" 308 so this is kind of redundant. If no one wants it I certainly don't mind holding onto it. My Son can always use it (in about 12 years, lol).

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah I understand, it was hard for me to part with as well. I wouldnt mind having another just hard to justify and would rather an M14. Good luck. Bump for a great gun!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom