Your firearm pet peeves? With bonus picture inside

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd have to say trigger discipline has to be my biggest one. Even seeing someone on TV or in a picture with their finger ont he trigger while not intending to shoot pisses me off.

Was going to say getting muzzle swept, but firearms typically don't discharge if your finger isn't on the trigger :thumbsup:

Here's me and my sweet trigger discipline, ready for war (with Auburn presumably):
    2yypj61.jpg

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    You know the self-absorbed ass monkeys who block a whole lane of a parking lot and chat on the cell while they wait for someone to load up their car and back out?

My firearm peeve is that I can't use one to send a warning shot over the heads of these vulva-brained morons.

Carry your gelatinous ass 20 feet farther and park in one of a thousand open spots, you lazy ****!. Get the **** out of the way of the ten vehicles behind you.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Some people freak out when muzzle swept with a firearm that's locked open with no mag. I understand firearm safety, but DAMN, when you ghasp and jump back 3 feet, you're putting more people in danger than the unloaded firearm is...

Nothing really bothers me though. When I do go shooting, it is always with someone that I would trust my life with (and is very well versed with firearms). What I tell my shooting partners - If your booger hook ain't on the bang switch, I don't care where the hell you point it. If you happen to "slip" and shoot me, I WILL shoot back...

Just my .02....

-Dave

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I hate when I'm introducing someone to shooting and letting them handle/shoot my revolvers and they swing the cylinder back into the frame one-handed like in the movies. I'm quick to remind them that if they bend the crane or cause any other damage to the thing they owe me $700.

But probably the thing that annoys me most about guns is that ammunition costs so damn much. I handload all my ammo, and even that costs too damn much. Primers, WTF. When I started loading only 3 years ago they were something like 16.99/1000. Also, if I ever want to go shooting, I need to be sure to invest some time to make the required amount of ammo. While I take pride in only shooting my handloads, it would be nice to be able to take a quick, impromptu trip to the range just buying factory ammo. However, a short range trip with factory ammo will run you $100 if you're not careful.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Can't stand getting swept... I can't get shot if it's pointed in a safe direction, but I CAN get shot even if a finger isn't on the trigger.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    People who deny that Glock Envy does in fact exist.

:dogkeke:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    but I CAN get shot even if a finger isn't on the trigger.

OH REALLY... Please elaborate on how this is physically possible :rolleyes:

It's like trying to tell a cop "I wasn't trying to speed, the gas pedal was just pushing itself!!" (insert Toyota Prius joke :D)

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Bad trigger work for one, swinging the weapon hitting the bench, bang it has and can happen. Just saying i had an 1100 shotty that went off on it's own. I am just wary of a muzzle pointed at me that is all.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I had a Finn mosin that would let the firing pin release with the slightest bump. That sucker was dangerous before some work was done to the trigger to make it engage more 'meat' on the block, and keep that from happening.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Bad trigger work for one, swinging the weapon hitting the bench, bang it has and can happen. Just saying i had an 1100 shotty that went off on it's own. I am just wary of a muzzle pointed at me that is all.

I was mainly referring to handguns, but this is where faulty equipment comes into play. Buy a Lorcin and toss it on the ground - I can guarantee that it will go off. Try doing it with a Glock...

If you've got a gun that just "goes off", and you still chose to take it shooting, you pretty much get what you deserve...

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    The point is... I don't know what kind of condition another person's firearm is in. Although it would be extremely rare... the gun could still go off without having the trigger pulled. This conversation is not limited to handguns. If my hunting partner has his shotgun laid across his lap pointed at me (which is why I only hunt with people I trust) his trigger could get caught on something and it would be over. Something similar to this happened very recently, and that kid would still be alive if the gun wasn't pointed at him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom