Looking For A Hunting Club...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I haven't deer hunted since I was around 12 yrs old. Looking for a hunting club w/ a great group of people.

I know an interview would be important, so here goes...lol

I am 32 yrs old. Laid back guy, working professional who loves to have a good time. Great work ethic. Married, no kids. Likes to have a drink socially and to shoot, but NEVER together!!! I was a volunteer fireman for 5 yrs, until moving to my current hometown where no VFD exists...I miss being a fireman!

I am in Slidell, LA....so would prefer south LA but open to hear out any offers!

Thanks In Advance!
    Chad

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I will ask if there are any openings in my club. It is in Lacombe, but openings don't pop up very often.

Camp Villere no doubt has openings left, but there is a good reason for it. My camp borders Camp Villere Hunting Club and we always say, if you catch a trespasser shoot them, if they are from CVHC, shoot them twice.

If we are full and you just want a place to hunt, then I can get you the number to CVHC. Just don't expect to see much come deer season.

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks! Definitely let me know if you guys get an opening...or hell, if you can bring a guest and don't already have one! :cheers:

I wouldn't hunt w/ those other guys, just based off what you are saying about them...i'd rather wait it out or drive further if the option comes available!!!

Keep me posted!!! Thanks again!!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Look in today's B.R. Advocate. There were a few clubs looking. I know you are in Slidell, but you might see the ads in the online Advocate.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    My brother told me yesterday that the club he's part of has two openings. They hunt near Poplarville, MS. They have a camp house with bunks. I believe the price is 1000-1100 annually. I think the available acreage is 1100 and change or 1700 and change.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not looking to spend that much just yet.

Anyone else???

You are going to have a very hard time finding a club that has good animals, if any at all; or one that deosn't have 100 members, for any less than $1000.

If that doesn't pan out, the Pearl River WMA is full of them. You just need a boat.;)

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm in the same position, but I'm 30 with a little one. Haven't hunted since I was 12, but I don't really want tot pay $1000 to get a deer or 2.

I'm pretty much to the point of just saving and going on a big game hunt once a year.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Would you be interested in a small club/lease in west central LA? I know a couple of guys at work that are club members on small leases, not much other than a place to put a deer stand, that pay in the $300 or so range per season. I know they have been complaining about being short on members with the way the economy is, etc. Personally I don't Deer hunt, although I am also considering taking it back up, but have access to about 400 acres of family land, so it finding a place is not a concern for me (the family is picky about who they let hunt other than family members, even then there are less welcome ones, otherwise I would invite you). It may take a few days to find out though, I am at home recovering from surgery at the moment, and will only be working limited hours for a while.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I will ask if there are any openings in my club. It is in Lacombe, but openings don't pop up very often.

Camp Villere no doubt has openings left, but there is a good reason for it. My camp borders Camp Villere Hunting Club and we always say, if you catch a trespasser shoot them, if they are from CVHC, shoot them twice.

If we are full and you just want a place to hunt, then I can get you the number to CVHC. Just don't expect to see much come deer season.

People hunt on camp villere??

dirtdigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    covington,la.
    Camp villere is 700.00 per yr. and i am not rejoining due to work not letting me get time to work my plot and sections, and yes there is deer there, plus pigs, and turkey, good luck , if you dont get work days in, you pay an extra 100.00, 985-285-2133 is pres of camp

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom