12vs20 vs .410

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    i'm looking into rabbit hunting and clay shooting.it seems like all three are similary priced in ammo and gun so whats the best choice?oh and my gf is recoil sensitve

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Id say 12 or 20. Get a semi auto there is a noticeable difference in recoil. I can shoot my 12 with low power target loads all day and not have and sore shoulder in the least bit. 20 may be better for her though.

Last edited:

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Personally, for every day hunting or messing around, I prefer 16 ga. You can shoot high energy and get the same effect as midrange 12 ga. and shoot low energy 16 ga. and get med to high range 20 ga. recoil is not bad. I've always owned a 16 ga., but recently bought a Browning BPS hunter model in 16 ga. and LOVE it. I have nothing but positive rating on it. My friend also bought one about the same time and he is impressed as much as I am. The only thing I would shy away from is the Winchester shells, I've never had good luck with Winchester in a 16 ga., I can't explain why, but they're no good for 16ga.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Pop's got me an 870 Express in 20 Ga. when they first came out and I've been outshooting him and my older brother since. From geese to woodcocks it's more so about your ability to shoot than the gauge of your shotgun.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've transitioned to 20ga because of a shoulder injury that refuses to heal. I can use the 20ga for practically everything including home defense. If I really wanted to try for some high flying Canadian geese,I could use 3" game loads.

Top Bottom