WTB: Rock Island 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    For the money, look at the Taurus 1911's that are on sale at CDNN. Much better gun in my opinion and the same price (if not cheaper).

Rich

No way, A Rock Island is a much better weapon than a Taurus, MUCH BETTER.

I have had a Rock Island Tactical Compact, and my dad has had a few diff models. They are bad ass. Never had one problem out of them, and a guy I met at Honey Island who teaches shooting classes says its crazy that a 400 dollar Rock can shoot just as well as his Kimber. It really is a nice pistol, and a great value. Just make sure you get the tactical.

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Shooters Paradise = Mesa, AZ
    I'm not a Taurus fan. Just feel they're better than a cast POS and if the OP wants to spend $400-450 on a 1911, then offering an alternative.

Rich

ETA: And without the guy's credentials, I can throw a dead cat out the window and find a bunch of guys who "teach" shooting classes.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    ETA: And without the guy's credentials, I can throw a dead cat out the window and find a bunch of guys who "teach" shooting classes.
    OK, What the hell does this mean? Are you saying you can toss a dead cat out of a window and hit a bunch of guys with it and they just happen to "teach" shooting? Or, is it that the guy has no credentials which means a cat has to die and be tossed from a window so that you can find some guys that teach shooting? Do you keep dead cats around for window tossing? Are you into voodoo? I'm betting you could find some guys who teach shooting without resorting to throwing the dead cat out the window. That brings me to the part about credentials.....Oh wait, I see you're from California. Y'all sure talk funny out there. USC, do they have a football program there?

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    ok, what the hell does this mean? Are you saying you can toss a dead cat out of a window and hit a bunch of guys with it and they just happen to "teach" shooting? Or, is it that the guy has no credentials which means a cat has to die and be tossed from a window so that you can find some guys that teach shooting? Do you keep dead cats around for window tossing? Are you into voodoo? I'm betting you could find some guys who teach shooting without resorting to throwing the dead cat out the window. That brings me to the part about credentials.....oh wait, i see you're from california. Y'all sure talk funny out there. Usc, do they have a football program there?
    popcorn now!!!!!!!!

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    .....Oh wait, I see you're from California. Y'all sure talk funny out there. USC, do they have a football program there?

:rofl:

popcorn.jpg

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    There really is no prerequisite for the cat to be dead, but a dead one has better aerodynamics as there's a lot less flailing and clawing involved. The lack of the latter allows for a more aggressive toss and one that's much more deliberate and with a little flair.

As for keeping cats around. No, we neither keep dead cats around, nor practice voodoo, but out here, I'm sure it'll soon be taught in the schools as contributing to the success of overcoming the oppression of Chrisitianity like just about everything else that goes on out here.

And...and for USC having a football team, the CEO of Gateway was happy that LSU turned down the open challenge by both them and Coach Carroll to play the Tigers at a neutral site. Of course...we do have eleven of these:

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

And, 7 of these:

Reggie-Bush-Heisman-Trophy-REMOVED-From-USC.jpg

(and...rest assured that neither Bush's trophy nor the National Championship trophies have been forfeited by the university)

Oh...as for the talkin' funny....opinions vary, but most folks don't seem to mind the way the girls talk. ;)

Rich

Last edited:

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Well...cost of living is a bit more out here, but at least the teams we buy win. How's Jamarcus Russell doing these days?

Back on topic. OP...you can get a good price on RIA 1911's from Impact Guns. They usually have them on sale.

Rich

CAM_TECH_ARMS

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   1
    Mar 9, 2011
    LIVINGSTON PARISH
    AND AS FAR AS 1911S GO ILL TAKE A ROCK ISLAND OVER ANY PSO California LEGIAL POS YALL HAVE OUT THERE CAUSE TAURUS IS THE TOP SUPPLIER OR CALIFORNIA LEGIAL GUNS

Vegasjay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Carencro, LA
    There really is no prerequisite for the cat to be dead, but a dead one has better aerodynamics as there's a lot less flailing and clawing involved. The lack of the latter allows for a more aggressive toss and one that's much more deliberate and with a little flair.

As for keeping cats around. No, we neither keep dead cats around, nor practice voodoo, but out here, I'm sure it'll soon be taught in the schools as contributing to the success of overcoming the oppression of Chrisitianity like just about everything else that goes on out here.

And...and for USC having a football team, the CEO of Gateway was happy that LSU turned down the open challenge by both them and Coach Carroll to play the Tigers at a neutral site. Of course...we do have eleven of these:

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

And, 7 of these:

Reggie-Bush-Heisman-Trophy-REMOVED-From-USC.jpg

(and...rest assured that neither Bush's trophy nor the National Championship trophies have been forfeited by the university)

Oh...as for the talkin' funny....opinions vary, but most folks don't seem to mind the way the girls talk. ;)

Rich

And don't forget the fact we produced more NFL Hall of Fame Players than any other University. Or that Long Beach Poly (in Long Beach, CA) has more players in the NFL than any other High School.

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Ummm....where to begin.

First, the word you're looking for is stripped, not striped. Second, the university, while going along with NCAA findings, has not returned a single trophy.

In your second post, spelling and grammar issues aside, I'll again say that I'm neither a fan of RIA or Taurus and do not and will not own either. The only 1911's in my safe are Springfield Armory and STI. As for the top gun suppliers in California, I'd wager strongly that Taurus is in fact not the top supplier given the list of approved handguns available to view on the California DOJ's website.

For the illiterate, I'll again say that I only suggested Taurus as there's a sale going on over at CDNN on them and if the OP is looking for a 1911 in that price range, that he could consider another manufacturer. Apparently, that's too many syllables or book learnin' wasn't exactly your cup of tea.

And don't forget the fact we produced more NFL Hall of Fame Players than any other University. Or that Long Beach Poly (in Long Beach, CA) has more players in the NFL than any other High School.

Thanks. Neglected to mention that one. I could add too that there's only been 1 Super Bowl that didn't have a USC player in it as well, but then, that would be continuing a pointless discussion.

This is my last post on this topic.

Rich

Last edited:

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    After all that crap not one post regarding someone with one for sale.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom