35 Acres of land with 3BR house, 2 ponds + camp house SW Louisiana PICS Sold PF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I am posting this message on behalf of my step mother, my father who passed away earlier this year bought this land back in the 1970's it is in southern Beauregard parish on Hwy 171 about 30 miles north of Lake Charles. It is a truly beautiful piece of property most of which can not be seen from the highway, it has a 3 BR house built in the 1980's on the top of a hill providing a near treetop level view of the back of the property which is mostly cleared, but includes about 5 acres of wooded area and is surrounded on 3 sides by timber land, there are also two ponds, the larger one is about 2-3 acres in size and is spring fed with a small (aprox 15x30) camp house (camp house has electricity available, but no running water or sewage, makes a great place to store fishing gear, cold beer, etc next to the pond), there is a powerline right of way across the back of the property which supplies reliable power for both the house and camp house. This would be a great place for someone that likes the outdoors, likes to fish or potentially hunt, has horses etc (the land is fenced, but fence is in need of repair if you want to keep horses or livestock). It is priced at $375,000 for a quick sale by owner, if it does not sell within a couple of months it will be listed with a real estate agent and price may increase. I plan to take some photos this weekend weather permitting if anyone would like to see more.

If you need any more information feel free to PM me.
    Ike

p.s. if you are looking for somewhere with a safe place to shoot the steep hill along part of the back of the property would provide a good safely backstop. Also for those that like fresh fruit, and such there are Satsuma and mature Pecan trees by the house, as well as an old fruit orchard in the NE corner of the property at an old home site.

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Pictures added as promised, note water level in pond is down 2-3 feet due to drought, this year is the second time since the mid 1970's that the spring has went dry.

FrontHwyView.jpg

Front of House from Highway, house is a couple of hundred yards from road

BackOfHouseFromFence.jpg

Back of House from fence

ViewOfLgPondFromHouse.jpg

Pond is farther away than it looks in the photo due to the angle looking down the hill

Mores photos at:

http://smfoodservice.com/housepics/

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom