Custom Gun Belts Starting at $75, Holsters starting at $60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Here is the pricing structure we came up with, let me know if you need anything

Gun Belts, 1.5", Hermann Oak Leather

Black - $75
    Brown - $80
    Dirty - $90
    50" and over +$10

Holsters (Black or Brown, Reinforced mouth or not)

Basic Pancake with Slots - $60
    Basic IWB with belt loops - $75
    I will be adding a full wrap around reinforced IWB holster soon, looks like it will Run $90 based on materials and time...
    Custom - Depends on what you want!

Shirts

S-XL - $15
    2X and up - $17

Renaissance Wax

200ml - $25

Extra buckle and screw set $5

Tripp Magazines

Regular - $32.45
    Custom shop - $34.45

Ballistal

6oz Aerosol - $8

Demo Gun list

Glock 17
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    HK USP .45
    HK P7M8
    M&P Full Size 9/.40
    M&P Compact 9/.40
    XD-9
    Sig P220
    Sig 226
    Colt 1911 with 3/4 rail
    CZ75B
    Beretta 92/96
    S&W J frame
    S&W K Frame
    Ruger SP101

Other pistols I have access to for holster making

XDm 9mm - the original
    XD9sc 9mm
    M&P pro 9mm
    Keltec PF9
    Walther P22
    STI Trojan
    Springfield MC Operator

We are working on getting our "Gunsmith" O1 FFL so we can take shipments direct of hard to find guns to make holsters with.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    How should I measure to get an accurate belt from you?

Two ways.

Take a belt you carry with and put all of you gear on. Take note which hole you are using. Take that belt off and measure from the tip of the buckle to the hole you use with your gear on. I will make that measurement your center hole (to the nearest inch).

Some people want the belt an inch shorter than that measurement to wear the belt when they are not carrying, and some people want the belt an inch longer because they wear their belt really tight when they carry, but looser when they don't, its up to you. My goal is the hit the center hole!

Second is just run a tape measure (soft fabric type) through your belt loops. You want it snug but not tight and give me that measurement. I can add 1 inch or two inches to compensate for IWB carry, or I can make a belt that just fits your size.

I put 7 holes 3/4" apart so it gives you over 5" of adjustment, but my goal is for you to use the center hole with a perfect fit. I have my belt set up to use the 3rd hole when not carrying, and the 5th hole when I carry, I consider that an ideal compromise for an everyday belt.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The belt I have on right now is 42" (end of the buckle to the hole I use). Would one of these $40 belts you have work?

No, not really. I have some black belts, but they are going to be in the upper 30's range. I can put you on a list for a "Second" if someone orders a 42 and I screw up, or I can make you one for $65, which is still a really good price. Most vendors using Hermann Oak Leather charge around $100 for a belt.

The belts fit in medium flat rate USPS box, but I am going to see what it will actually cost to ship the belts in my belt boxes, it might be cheaper and UPS would be a one day ship zone in Louisiana. Start to finish it takes me around 9 days to make a belt and get it shipped working around my work schedule, most of the time is spent drying until I can go the next step.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hell yeah, $65 for one of those! I know where I am going for my next belt in a few months! That is a pretty nice looking belt. I wish one of those sizes fit me, I'd buy it today. I had to beg the last guy who made me a belt to put 7 holes in it. Any chance you make holsters?!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hell yeah, $65 for one of those! I know where I am going for my next belt in a few months! That is a pretty nice looking belt. I wish one of those sizes fit me, I'd buy it today. I had to beg the last guy who made me a belt to put 7 holes in it. Any chance you make holsters?!

I have two in progress, a IWB for a glock 26 and a pancake for a M&P pro. I am not going to sell holsters until/if I incorporate. Right now this is a hobby and I am just trying to sell off some of my work to buy more materials/tools to improve my skills. Hopefully I will have pictures of holsters up this week, if not I will have them up by next week for sure.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I have 2 Beltman belts that are 37" from the buckle tip to the center hole - the one I use for OWB and everyday use. I wear a 32" pant. Odd the 5" increase in length. Are your 36" belts measured from tip to hole?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have 2 Beltman belts that are 37" from the buckle tip to the center hole - the one I use for OWB and everyday use. I wear a 32" pant. Odd the 5" increase in length. Are your 36" belts measured from tip to hole?

I wear a size 40" pants and the belt I made for myself is 44", the sizing is the same as Beltman belts, it is the industry standard. The biggest difference between the belts is he uses "Bullhide" and I use Hermann Oak "Steer Hide". Veg tanned bullhide is generally only available from Mexico and is around half the price of quality Hermann Oak leather which is from US raised - non Branded Steers. I don't buy belt blanks like many small time guys, this is a hobby and I enjoy using the entire hide for different projects.

Advertising "Bullhide" Belts is just marketing buzz.

I do my best to get everything from the US but my thread is from Brazil, they make the best and the buckles are from Asia, they are the only game in town with quality buckles that I can find, you would be amazed at some of the poor buckles made in the US, the problem is they are using molds that are 100 years old and it produces an inconsistent product, while the folks is Malaysia and China use newer molds(Amish designed BTW) and produce a more consistent buckle. Ask Audio shooter about the buckle if you have any questions, they are stout. We just happen to make the best Veg Tanned leather right here in the USA.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Folks, I just saw this belt, and I am a belt fanatic.. I have tried all kinds of belts and currently wear a filson, but after today I am having him make me one.. these are awesome quality and look great..

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Nick made me a belt (and delivered it today) and I am here to tell you guys and gals that he does a fantastic job, I love my new belt! Perfect fit and color and damn good looking (the belt not him):mamoru:. He is a good guy and has a beautiful family, thanks again.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Folks, I just saw this belt, and I am a belt fanatic.. I have tried all kinds of belts and currently wear a filson, but after today I am having him make me one.. these are awesome quality and look great..

I'll see you tomorrow to deliver yours, thanks for the kind words.

Nick made me a belt (and delivered it today) and I am here to tell you guys and gals that he does a fantastic job, I love my new belt! Perfect fit and color and damn good looking (the belt not him):mamoru:. He is a good guy and has a beautiful family, thanks again.

My son did enjoy going to the fire station even though he didn't like the fact that the trucks were white and not red. He has been talking about the trucks and Firemen all afternoon. I am glad ya'll are there for him to have some heroes to look up to.

I am starting a new batch tonight (Dyeing straps) so if anyone needs one custom made let me know, and all but one of the 36" black seconds is still available. I am going to post a couple pictures later if I can talk my wife into taking them for some belts I am mailing out tomorrow to show the 4 buckle options I am going to keep on hand. I can always order someone a special buckle if they want, anything from skull and cross bones to kitty cats.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Just showing off the buckles I am going to stock. Yes the brass roller is two toned, it is a stainless tongue, the ones with brass tongues bend too easily for my taste, but if someone wants one I have a few around and can add one to an order. The two tone actually doesn't look bad IMHO, but I usually hate two tone.

The rest are just to show the stitching and floral screws available. The tip is the hardest part, and if you look at some other vendors they have some super long stitches to make the tip stitching line up, I do my best to keep the stitching even at the tip. (It really just involves patience and knowing what to do and a little practice and it becomes second nature).

These are hand made belts, with full grain leather so they are not going to be perfect, each will have its own slight character to it. Unlike like Pleather belts with fake stitching and cheapo buckles they should last a lot longer than and wear a lot better than any other belt you find in this price range and higher. If they don't I will make it right.

I am tempted to buy more machines to make things more perfect, but then that takes away from the hand made aspect. Right now the only powered machine I use are the Sewing Machine, Belt sander and motor to spin a wood edge slicker and buffing wheels. For now I think I am going to stay with what I have and keep the hand made look going, not homemade look going.

You know you want one!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I need a new belt I will be pm'ing u soon.

Whenever your ready.

Just to update, I can ship priority mail for around $6 to most of the Bayoushooter coverage area, so if you worried about trying to pick up in Baton Rouge its not that expensive to ship a belt or two. I can fit two belts in a box comfortably, could get 3 if needed and they were not super long.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom