Where to sell Silver Dollars around BR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Does anyone know of a place close to BR that buys coins? My friend took some silver dollars to Louisiana Gold & Coin in BR yesterday. She said the girl took into a room and looked at every thing and acted really weird. She kept pushing some button and turning red in the face. Friend thinks the young girl was trying to snow job her and get them for nothing.
    She didn't even want to talk about the value of the coins only the price she would give her in silver value.
    She said 18 bucks each and my friend wouldn't sell them for that.

Anybody know of another place?
    Thanks

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    There's a guy on S. Sherwood I went to once. He's fair and afaict reliable. The young girl that was helping me was having trouble getting a scale set properly and meshing with the current price, he rattle a figure off and a few minutes later after getting it working she says to the other girl "HTH does he do that???" lol He's between Aireline and Coursey, closer to Airline and on the same side as the Ford place.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It's possible they may have more collector value than bullion price . Have a collector look at them first .

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There's no set price for any collectible coin. It depends on it's rarity and condition. Post pictures and people can chime in on what it may be worth. And, if anybody has a 1943 copper penny let me know, I need one for my collection. Not that they're worth much mind you...I just need one to complete a set. :D

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    It all depends on what type of silver dollars they are and what years.

THIS. In addition to condition, certain mint marks and misstamps can be VERY valuable. I'll give you an example from a 10 year old price guide. These prices are all for 1884 Morgan dollars in uncirculated condition: the only variable is mint mark.

No mint mark: $235
    "CC" mint mark: $285
    "O" mint mark: $85
    "S" mint mark: $140,000

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, is she trying to sell nice uncirculated coins or mainly selling for the silver content? I might be willing to buy some not so pretty ones for the silver content.

lilrogak47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    baton rouge, la
    "The Coin Guy" located in denham springs on hwy 16. Great guy and will always treat you right. I've bought thousands of $'s worth of silver and gold from him and he has always done right by me. He is also the best guy to go to for selling scrap gold.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There's no set price for any collectible coin. It depends on it's rarity and condition. Post pictures and people can chime in on what it may be worth. And, if anybody has a 1943 copper penny let me know, I need one for my collection. Not that they're worth much mind you...I just need one to complete a set. :D

I have a 1943 steel penny, if that's what you meant! If you actually meany a copper one good luck.. it was an error coin and is worth multiple thousands.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom