Wtb: Ar15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA

loewermx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Alexandria, La
    I would go with the 16" route. I am somewhat new to AR's. I had one a while back and like a fool I sold it after only bringing it to the range twice. I would like to find one used that is already setup but I don't want to spend a ton of money.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Are there any special tools required for building one of these??

I want to build one of these, but does the lower have to be registered?? For $600, you can't beat it.

DAVE

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    No special tools are necessary to assemble a Kit to a lower, only when assembling an upper from pieces. However, there are tools that make it easier, such as roll pin punches, and a front pivot pin detent tool. If you are mechanically inclined, and enjoy tinkering with things, go for it, if you are easily frustrated and usually try to put the square peg in the round hole, it can still be done, but you may scratch up your lower.

Yes the lower has to purchased through an FFL, unless you have access to a fairly nice milling machine/drill press, and large supply of taps/dies in funny sizes, then you can order an 80% finished forging and complete the rest yourself, very similar to bending your own AK flat.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Some tools can help but a lower can be assembled with common hand tools. Really all that is helpful is a punch set, and maybe some vise grips or regular pliers. The lower (just the frame) is what the BATFE considers the firearm. All the parts are just parts that is why you can have parts shipped to your home but the lower reciever has to be shipped to an FFL. You go there and fill out the paperwork just like you would do for a complete gun (shotgun, pistol, ect). No firearm in the state of Louisiana besides Class 3 (full auto, SBR, explosives, suppressors, ect) have to registered.

Here is a link on how to assemble a lower parts kit. This might give you some idea if you would be willing to take this on. Really not all that hard to do.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Great. Other than the 2 links posted before, are there any other parts needed to build a complete rifle??

Does anyone on here have a used lower for sale?? We don't have any FFL's around here that I know of.

DAVE

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Have you talked to Kemosabi? He's in Laffy and a site sponsor. He's a good guy to deal with, and can get you pretty much anything you want.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom