Cheating on HK... FNP-45 Tactical and silencer...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It was a wet day today which gave me a good chance to shoot my new FNP-45... wet. With my freshly upgraded Gemtech Blackside it worked great. Bullet impact into the ground is much louder than the pistol. Gemtech upgraded the silencer by adding a booster and interchangeable mounts. I can quickly change mounts from the HK (a weird left hand threaded mount) to the FNP (a standard right hand threaded mount) without tools in seconds. The booster makes the gun cycle reliably and also makes it noticeably quieter since it essentially adds an extra baffle.

So about cheating on that HK... the FNP is definitely not on the same quality level as the HK. It's ALMOST an HK but not quite. If you look at the picture you can see it just doesn't fit together as smoothly. There are lots of weird little things when you pull the trigger on the FNP, especially when you first disengage the safety you can feel a distinct click as you start to press but before you reach the breaking point. On the HK, the trigger is smooth and silent until it breaks. I don't particularly like the color, however the few normal people I have shown it to instantly commented on how cool the color was. Oh well. Who needs another black pistol?

Anyway, I have 15+1 rounds in a package not much bigger than my 8+1 USP. I can also add a red dot easily with the already milled slide. Add a light and we have a pretty serious bedside gun.

l445n.jpg

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Very nice! Where's the vid?? I'd like one, but first I want a compact usp tactical to compliment my full size. I still kick myself for not jumping on mickeys. Lol

Post a few more pics if you have em. I like it!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Very nice! Where's the vid?? I'd like one, but first I want a compact usp tactical to compliment my full size. I still kick myself for not jumping on mickeys. Lol

Yeah, I REALLY wanted an HK Mark 23 but settled on the FN for now just because it made more practical sense.

Hopefully I will get to do a proper photo and video shoot tomorrow or Monday. The rain kept the cameras away today. Oh and that is the USP Compact Tactical in the picture. The FNP really isn't that much bigger.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yeah, I REALLY wanted an HK Mark 23 but settled on the FN for now just because it made more practical sense.

Hopefully I will get to do a proper photo and video shoot tomorrow or Monday. The rain kept the cameras away today. Oh and that is the USP Compact Tactical in the picture. The FNP really isn't that much bigger.

Yep, I recognized that little bugger in your pic, which is very cool btw. I guess the cameras would be a little more sensitive to rain than the pistols. Hah Haven't seen an mk23 in person, but they look to be built like tanks in the pics I have seen.

I'll be looking forward to more pics / possible video. Very nice setup man!

Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    I bought Mickey's HK 45 USP CT and I just bought another member's HK 45 CT recently. I've been thinking a lot lately about trading the USP for an FN FNP 45 tactical.
    How did you like the way it shot compared to the HK?
    a6937e24-5a3a-5d44.jpg

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    ;)
    the FN's are nice pistols. plug and play if you want to throw a trijicon on one.

trigger......... well, it ain't an HK.
    i still regret getting rid of the trijicon RMR01 that i had on it.

IMHO, happiness is...
    an HK45 and an Opsrey
    0vi35cg4sy4abv0u9kn7.jpg

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    ;)
    the FN's are nice pistols. plug and play if you want to throw a trijicon on one.

trigger......... well, it ain't an HK.
    i still regret getting rid of the trijicon RMR01 that i had on it.

IMHO, happiness is...
    an HK45 and an Opsrey
    0vi35cg4sy4abv0u9kn7.jpg

I know what my set up will look like thanks to you, except it will be hk p30 .40 with an osprey .40 as soon as all the paperwork clears.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yeah I really like those kriss vectors too. I hope Derek doesn't have one laying around next time I go by. I really don't need to drop 2 grand right now!

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    I own both (HK & FNPT), trigger on HK is smoother, the FN has too much "slack" before it breaks. But I find the accuracy to be equal, and once you get past the trigger pull, the FN is a nice choice to own. Thinking about getting rid of my HK for another FNPT in another color.
    71d6d708.jpg

f0975bb8.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Looks awesome Stephen! Did you put down your laptop while reading this thread to take that pic? Haha

No, took the pic a few weeks ago while reading up on my Fnp, had the suppressor, sight, and light on before I ever shot it. My tlr1s was still on my hk usp45ct

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    The only two things the FNP bests the HK in is :capacity and a milled slide...

As much as I wanted to like the FNP45, the trigger is atrocious and the grip is a step backwards in evolution.

Ergonomics on the HK45 is lightyears ahead of the FN, and I'll take the CHF polygonal barrel with o-ring, oh yeah and the LEM...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom