House fire update: pics of melted Glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Sat out in the front yard waiting on the fire department, listening to rounds pop off. It made me sick to my stomach. I had it in my hands 5 seconds before I ran out. Dogs > Glocks

8 of us and 7 dogs made it out, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Your house burned down???? God man, if this is the case very sorry to hear that.....Are you all okay?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I was staying out of town with relatives for a visit, so no not my house. I am so glad myself & nephew just happened to be there though. If it had been just my aunt, niece, & grandma they would have been trapped.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I was staying out of town with relatives for a visit, so no not my house. I am so glad myself & nephew just happened to be there though. If it had been just my aunt, niece, & grandma they would have been trapped.

Like the others said, thank goodness you all made it out. And it sounds like you and your nephew were there for a reason.....

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    That's horrible! Glad ya'll all got out OK. That's what insurance is for... replacing the stuff.

Any idea what caused the fire?

No insurance on the house or the 2 cars that were in the garage. This was an old trailer and my aunt "inherited" it when my grandfather passed, I'm sure that is when the insurance stopped.

It is looking like an electrical problem in the garage. Now don't imagine anything fancy, it was just an open building my papaw built a long time ago, tin roof. My best guess is started up high, when I saw it the flames about 6 feet and up, nothing down low.

Quickly spread to the nearby back porch where the sliding glass door is. Front door blocked by junk and a recliner, and hadn't been used in decades. Nephew ripped it off and got them out the front, I had no idea and went through the sliding glass door to grab one of my dogs I had on a cable not far from the fire.

I know it goes without saying, but fire is ****ing hot.

Finally got to sleep today, ate some nutritious McDonald's around 1pm, went to sleep and finally got back to Shreveport around 9 tonight. My aunt didn't have much but she lost it all, my grandma has her own house but had been staying there for years and had a lot of her stuff there. Some has been salvaged but it is all either burnt or wet.

Still we feel very fortunate. On a school night it would have normally been my aunt in the room I was in, closest to the fire. The power flickered and I heard popping noises. Who knows if she would have heard it or went to see.

Next room her elderly friend that rents a room, he can barely walk. Living room would have been my 12 year old niece by herself, and the other end would have been my grandma, who is getting up there herself.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the outcome.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I am so glad you and your family are safe, I feel for you, I hate house fires with a passion, had to watch one burn (trailer) across the street from my first place after me and the wife got married. All I will say it is the most disturbing thing I've ever had to go thru. I am just so glad that ever one is OK animals included.

Bam Bam

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    Glad you and your family are alright. Much better to have the glock(s) melt then your flesh... Fire is awful way to go man. Thank God you are your family are alright. My fire fighter buddies tell me some of the craziest stories. Would never want to have to live through that. Hope your family can pick up the pieces.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    No insurance on the house or the 2 cars that were in the garage. This was an old trailer and my aunt "inherited" it when my grandfather passed, I'm sure that is when the insurance stopped.

It is looking like an electrical problem in the garage. Now don't imagine anything fancy, it was just an open building my papaw built a long time ago, tin roof. My best guess is started up high, when I saw it the flames about 6 feet and up, nothing down low.

Quickly spread to the nearby back porch where the sliding glass door is. Front door blocked by junk and a recliner, and hadn't been used in decades. Nephew ripped it off and got them out the front, I had no idea and went through the sliding glass door to grab one of my dogs I had on a cable not far from the fire.

I know it goes without saying, but fire is ****ing hot.

Finally got to sleep today, ate some nutritious McDonald's around 1pm, went to sleep and finally got back to Shreveport around 9 tonight. My aunt didn't have much but she lost it all, my grandma has her own house but had been staying there for years and had a lot of her stuff there. Some has been salvaged but it is all either burnt or wet.

Still we feel very fortunate. On a school night it would have normally been my aunt in the room I was in, closest to the fire. The power flickered and I heard popping noises. Who knows if she would have heard it or went to see.

Next room her elderly friend that rents a room, he can barely walk. Living room would have been my 12 year old niece by herself, and the other end would have been my grandma, who is getting up there herself.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the outcome.

Let us know what she needs. I have several size 2/4 clothes that the 13 year old has outgrown. Losing stuff is always better than the alternative, but it's going to be a difficult road for the next while. Prayers going out to your family.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Glad to hear everyone made it out ok, tell them to contact habitat for humanity, they can probably help them out with new furniture, appliances etc.... If they need it wherever they end up.

Top Bottom