And so the witch hunt against New Orleans begins again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    These arguments over astronomical pay checks really turn me off from the NFL. I can't really say what I would do in this situation but to ditch the city that loves you because 18mil a year is not enough is pretty lame.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    These arguments over astronomical pay checks really turn me off from the NFL. I can't really say what I would do in this situation but to ditch the city that loves you because 18mil a year is not enough is pretty lame.

That's why I wish the stupid Saints would go to Houston. I'm sure there are people there who like wasting $100 a week to watch a sports event when they could be building AKs.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jfcwEpUNZc :rofl:

Seriously, Drew wants $23 million? I don't believe it. No one else makes more than $18 million. I think he probably expects $19 and is hardballing because of frustration.

He knows he can't get $23 million and be surrounded by all those yard makers.

I think the issue moreso than then average/year was the salary schedule. Brees wants more of the money earlier (which is common) and Benson wants to pay him more money later (which is common). I'm not sure if they were off a whole $5MM/yr, just how the pay would be distributed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is no reason that Brees shouldn't get what he wants. As I stated earlier, the only thing he won't have by the end of next year is 3 super rings (Brady).

Every, and I mean EVERY, major QB record in the NFL will be owned by a New Orleans Saint! I hate to say never, but here is where I think I can get away with it.

There will NEVER be another New Orleans Saint (I am almost temtped to say NFL QB), that will eclipse this acheivment!

Fear the flower of the lilly!

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    What the media would have you think.

f54ozj8joapntfe0xth5.jpg

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Uhh...that's what reality would have you think. Prison rules have no place in professional sports.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Uhh...that's what reality would have you think. Prison rules have no place in professional sports.

I see nothing wrong with handing out bonuses for a job well done (it is there job to make those hits). The hits were all legal and no flags thrown. Any one that has ever played the game has probably gotten pats on the back or a sticker for their helmet for sending an opponent to the sidelines. Next thing you know it will be two hand touch below the waste or the NFFL. :)
    pgn4kqu493g4xihmo.jpg

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    I see nothing wrong with handing out bonuses for a job well done (it is there job to make those hits). The hits were all legal and no flags thrown. Any one that has ever played the game has probably gotten pats on the back or a sticker for their helmet for sending an opponent to the sidelines. Next thing you know it will be two hand touch below the waste or the NFFL. :)
    pgn4kqu493g4xihmo.jpg

So thats why some of the hits DID draw flags and those that didnt were fined Big Time? Please. And shame on you for cheering on and supporting someone layinh a hit aimed at ending another man's career. That's disgraceful.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    So thats why some of the hits DID draw flags and those that didnt were fined Big Time? Please. And shame on you for cheering on and supporting someone layinh a hit aimed at ending another man's career. That's disgraceful.

Then shame on me, I must have missed something. If awards were given out for tackles that went for the knee or late hits than yeah that's wrong, but the hits I saw were all legal.

ouxm3e6ni6exdfpo5g0i.jpg

xihlal3nuj1emjs8ah59.jpg

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Then shame on me, I must have missed something. If awards were given out for tackles that went for the knee or late hits than yeah that's wrong, but the hits I saw were all legal.

ouxm3e6ni6exdfpo5g0i.jpg

xihlal3nuj1emjs8ah59.jpg

You obviously didnt watch the games then. Late hits, high low, knee and ankle targets. Sorry, but pure scum. Its one thing to end the play, its another to end (or try to end) careers. Its a game, not combat.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This crap has been blown out of proportion. There is abosolutely NO EVIDENCE to implicate they were maliciously trying to physically maim opponents.

Those of you that may never have played organized tackle football need to understand, to hit another fully equipped player (particularly another NFL monster), hurts the defenders too.

Those speaking out are saying the pots were for more aggressive tackling and more agressive scarifice of their own bodies, not intentional maiming. The media is using the word "Bounties!"

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    You obviously didnt watch the games then. Late hits, high low, knee and ankle targets. Sorry, but pure scum. Its one thing to end the play, its another to end (or try to end) careers. Its a game, not combat.

I watched the games just did not know all the details about the bonus/bounty pool payout. I was under the impression that it was paid for legal hits that resulted in the player going out for a series. That's within the game to me and how I played it (peewee - high school). Had a bounty system back then too, but the coaches handed out stickers for our helmets instead of money. :D

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    This crap has been blown out of proportion. There is abosolutely NO EVIDENCE to implicate they were maliciously trying to physically maim opponents.

Those of you that may never have played organized tackle football need to understand, to hit another fully equipped player (particularly another NFL monster), hurts the defenders too.

Those speaking out are saying the pots were for more aggressive tackling and more agressive scarifice of their own bodies, not intentional maiming. The media is using the word "Bounties!"

"$10,000 to whoever takes Favre out of the game." Pretty compelling arguement to throw a hit to the knee or a late hit and throw...

Top Bottom