And so the witch hunt against New Orleans begins again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Losing draft picks will suck, but this is not the big Saints story today.

They are $5 million apart on Brees' contract and it has to get done by Monday! :eek4:

A guy that everyone gave up for finished, comes to your team, Takes you to NFC Champoinships, A Superbowl Win, back to back playoffs, and breaks damn near every passing record in the NFL while doing it with a Fluer de Lis on his helmet and you stall on the deal to pay him back?

Not to mention, he saved the city from despair and gave it a new life, new hope, a sense of belonging in the NFL and the country, and put the Saints in every discussion about pro football for the past 5 years.

Not to mention, the guy is an outstanding ambassdor and role model for the team, the city, and the NFL.

This crap is really bothersome to me.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part

They are $5 million apart on Brees' contract and it has to get done by Monday! :eek4:

A guy that everyone gave up for finished, comes to your team, Takes you to NFC Champoinships, A Superbowl Win, back to back playoffs, and breaks damn near every passing record in the NFL while doing it with a Fluer de Lis on his helmet and you stall on the deal to pay him back?

Not to mention, he saved the city from despair and gave it a new life, new hope, a sense of belonging in the NFL and the country, and put the Saints in every discussion about pro football for the past 5 years.

Not to mention, the guy is an outstanding ambassdor and role model for the team, the city, and the NFL.

+1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA

I couldn't agree more. Benson needs to stop being so selfish about this and pay Brees like Kraft pays Brady, like he's an elite QB, player, and person, because he is all those things. Brees deserves the same type of paycheck as the other QBs he's compared to.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I couldn't agree more. Benson needs to stop being so selfish about this and pay Brees like Kraft pays Brady, like he's an elite QB, player, and person, because he is all those things. Brees deserves the same type of paycheck as the other QBs he's compared to.

I know this ain't a Drew Brees thread, but when you compare Brees with Brady you find;

Brady has 3 SB Rings / Brees has 1.
    Brady has a few records left / Brees has almost all that matter and will get the rest if he plays next year.
    Brady has always had great players when he won / Brees has had mediocre players around him his entire time here.
    Brady's Division is the AFC East / Brees' Division is the NFC South - Go compare the two divisions in terms of win/loss over the last 5 years.

I could go on, but.......:rockon:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    There is no doubt that Brady is surrounded by "upper echelon" talent at WR and TE, but since Brees has been in NO, it seems as though that we are getting some of the bigger names in receiving threats, like Jimmy Graham, for example. Other than that, Brees has broken most of his records with a less than stellar supporting cast, no doubt.

Also, for the record, I'm also a Brady/Pats fan every day of the year, except when they play the Saints. Never thought I'd jump out of my seat CHEERING when Tom Brady was intercepted, but that was a joyous moment for me during the 2009 game.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    That would be correct. Right now, NO wants to pay him what averages out to be $18M/yr over 5 years, but he's looking for $23M/yr.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Benson and Kraft are on differnt levels of wealthy.

And how many pinstripe & paint sealant packages would the rotten SOB have to rip people off for to pay Brees this extra coin he wants...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That would be correct. Right now, NO wants to pay him what averages out to be $18M/yr over 5 years, but he's looking for $23M/yr.

I would say he is well worth it. And, should this guy leave beause of this, or be embarrased by the franchise tag (which is the cheapo way of saying, we don't want to pay you what you are worth, but we can't let you go because the entire franchise depends on you), the dome will be far less occupied.

I am starting to believe this is all a ploy (by management), to get the others (on the team), to want/take less.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thought i posted this comment but must of not pressed post reply.

Alot of the problem with contract negotiations is due to the agent i believe. Drew's agent is also carl nicks agent. I believe the agent is trying to get more money for carl nicks else where by forcing the saints to franchise tag brees. If this happens the saints maybe force to release nicks since they cant tag him and this would result in nicks getting a much better deal with another team since he is so sought after.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Brees should have got a new contract after the superbowl win. Now he holds all the cards. As far as Greg Williams, he let the bounty thing go on, and it looks like his former teams did the same. Now the press is blowing it up bigger than it is, and we are going to get punished.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    As far as Greg Williams, he let the bounty thing go on, and it looks like his former teams did the same. Now the press is blowing it up bigger than it is, and we are going to get punished.

Yeah, cause everyone knows the only way to win is to try to end the season or career of your opponents. Yeah, great for the kids!! Pure scum.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This bounty stuff is nothing new.

Heck the NFL used to look the other way on it too.

I seem to remember something like this involving Mean Joe Green way back in the 70's.

Top Bottom