Guns I wish I'd never let go of?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Guns are expensive tools/toys but not so out of reach
    to make them unobtainable. Occasionally getting a new toy is fun; but
    I've never been wealthy so keeping household peace with our humble checkbook required me to do alot of swapping firearms. If I got the urge to "rearrange" the collection.

Not to mention some of us were between job's and one of the fastest way's to keep the lights on at times was to sell a gun that you hated to part with...
    So what gun's have you let go of when time's were hard...and you wish you had it back ?

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    So far nothing and tomorrow I won't own a gun I originally bought. The guns I had were real nice and i liked them all, but I try to trade for things I like just as much.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    have only let go of a few. The one I regret was selling my first .22 because it needed a firing pin. I was a stupid teenager. I hunted for a long time before I found another one just like it to give my son for his first .22.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I have sold a ton over the years. The only ones I would still love to have are the machineguns but it helped pay for my son's adoption so it was worth it. No regrets.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Colt Single Action Army, .45 Colt, 7-1/2" barrel, blued with color casehardened frame, black hard rubber eagle grips, 3rd generation. Bought at TG&Y years ago for around $475.00 new in the box. Shot it a few times and enjoyed it, but we lived hand-to-mouth then. The kids were little and I felt it was selfish to have so much money tied up in a gun when it could be put to better use for the family. Sold it for the hugh (at the time) sum of $600.00 and thought I made out pretty well.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Colt Defender

Colt Defender

Defender_O7000D.jpg
    [/IMG]

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    A Mossburg 12 ga pump that I got as a teenager. In my 30s I had a two-week stretch during which I had about four full meals, and the gun had to go or I was gonna have to get a smaller place - like 6'x2'x2'. I miss that gun.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    back in the mid 90's, I sold my Colt King Cobra for $500 when I hit a rough patch....

I have replaced it finally after all these years, but only very recently and I feel like I got ripped off....but it was the principle of the matter!!! I did get a good deal on it comparative to the going prices...but still....

I'll never sell another gun again. Ever......Well, maybe just one that will be replaced with a newer model before I put it up for sale....

apso1857

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Crowley, LA
    Colt Target Match with HBAR

FN PS90

Both were sold cause my kids were small, and times were tough. I don't regret getting rid of them due to the fact that I had to do what I had to for my kids, but I sure do miss those weapons.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    I had a ruger p89 that I sold. I missed it a lot afterward. I recently borrowed a friend's though, and now I realize I like the gun I bought as its replacement a lot better.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom