Straight Razor Shave - Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    My friend is getting married tomorrow, his soon to be wife asked me to make sure he shaves well. My friend sucks at shaving and I am no better. I was wondering if anyone knows where a good place to get a straight razor shave in Lafayette.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Don't do it! A group of us did this for a friends wedding and we all were complaining after because it burned or faces broke out. Just speaking from experience!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Man this reminded me of this drunk barber who works out of a small shop close to my house. He literally looks like W.C. Fields. Red face, dick-nose and all. After he cuts your hair he will pull out a straight razor and shave the back of your neck. Shaking like Michael J. Fox the whole time. Scary...

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    There used to be two signs you were growing up.

First, you didn't have to sit on that board when you were getting a haircut.

The next step was when the barber shaved around your ears and the back of your neck with his straight razor when he was finishing up your haircut. (No woman did men's hair then.)

I think the straight razor went out the window due to concern about AIDS. The virus can be spread on the razor. Now a risk I would be willing to take.

YMMV.
    :pimp:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    There used to be two signs you were growing up.

First, you didn't have to sit on that board when you were getting a haircut.

The next step was when the barber shaved around your ears and the back of your neck with his straight razor when he was finishing up your haircut. (No woman did men's hair then.)

I think the straight razor went out the window due to concern about AIDS. The virus can be spread on the razor. Now a risk I would be willing to take.

YMMV.
    :pimp:

Not where I live. Every barber I know of finishes off our haircuts with a straight razor. Nobody would go to them if they didn't.

Tom, I know you from AK Files. What brought you here to BayouShooter? Good to see you here.

Last edited:

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    We got sent on other wedding errands and just had to shave like we normally do. We looked presentable.

My barber also uses a straight razor to finish up haircuts but he is still not confidant enough to shave a face.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Not where I live. Every barber I know of finishes off our haircuts with a straight razor. Nobody would go to them if they didn't.

Tom, I know you from AK Files. What brought you here to BayouShooter? Good to see you here.

I didn't go to a barber the last 25y or so I lived in La. Used a woman who was a friend, but the barber I go to here is an old fashioned on and doesn't finish up with a razor.

I thought it had something to do with AIDS. Learn something new every day.

Top Bottom