Fixed it!!! My washing machine trans may have died, help!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have a Whirlpool washing machine that I bought back in 95 IIRC. Tonight while doing laundry the wife asks me to look at the washing machine, she says "it's not working right", she's right, the agitator is not turning right. It barely moves, but if I put some downward pressure on it it moves back and forth, but this is not right, it's supposed to turn/stop/turn/stop in order to move clothes around in the drum. It appears to me the transmission may be worn out. Anyone know much about these things and could tell me what to check. I can't afford a new machine right now or a visit from a repair man so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bam Bam

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    call this guy tomorrow. I had a broken whirlpool once and he diagnosed it over the phone, had the OEM part in stock and told me how to fix it when I got there to buy the part.

Dixie Appliance Parts
    38204 Louisiana 74, Gonzales, LA 70737
    (225) 673-4334

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My Kenmore did it too. It may just be the agitator keys inside the agitator. They cost around $7 and it takes maybe 5 minutes to replace them. Get your model number off the back of the unit, then youtube "whirlpool agitator" and you'll see the videos.

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Well I followed the advice you guy's offered here and Bingo, I could give the "Maytag Repairman" a run for his money! :D Not that I would ever want to though. I read the thread this morning before I ran out the door half asleep since I was up late last night with this problem. Cost $7.09 and about 10 minutes to fix and clean it, took longer to clean the agitator than to fix it! I got the parts from Stantons on Choctaw which was pretty easy to get to on my way home. The parts lady told me to keep fixing the old washer, it is built way better than the new "Electronic junk" they sell now days she said. Thanks for all the help guy's, now I can breath easier and enjoy clean clothes again!

Bam Bam

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When my water pump went out on mine, I was out of town. I went to Sears and had pretty much made up mind to drop $2800 on new Kenmore Elites. I waited until I got back home and started doing research. It seems almost all appliances made in the last 10 years, suck. I ordered a new water pump for $20, sealed the old one up with underwater epoxy so we could use it until the new one came in, and in 15 minutes it was swapped out.

I priced replacing EVERY component on my washer and dryer, it was cheaper to completely rebuild both of them, than to replace just ONE with a new one.

Top Bottom