If you are going to lie to get out of jury duty ......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Hmmmmmm.... Catch 22, crazy enough to pretend to be crazy to get out of jury duty and then brag about it on local radio station. Juror material???

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I am over seventy so am excused

I think I was called about four times over twenty-five years in EBR and it was educational and entertaining.

Now you can hang out in the downtown library, which helps.

Don't try to open carry in the court house and leave your knife at home, too.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have never been called and have been registered to vote since I was 18 (I am 55 now)... is that strange?

I may be mistaken but I believe that Louisiana switched over several years ago from voter registration rolls to usng drivers licenses, but I may be wrong. It if remember correctly, people were not registering to vote because they did not want to be called for jury duty.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    No kidding. Unless they are going to pay me the same thing I make at the job I would be too tired to go to at night, then pass.

Yea well try being LEO. Work 12 hour shift. Get off and go to court 2 hours after getting off work, sit in court for 6-7 hours. Then go home, change and head back to work for another 12 hour shift. I've even had it that I had court the next day as well.

Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    The only way to get out of jury duty in St. Landry Parish is to be dying or dead. There are no excuses for not being able to attend, said the judge from my last few jury selections. There were always at least a few people who tried, and he made perfect examples out of them. It was funny.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I am over seventy so am excused

I think I was called about four times over twenty-five years in EBR and it was educational and entertaining.

Now you can hang out in the downtown library, which helps.

Don't try to open carry in the court house and leave your knife at home, too.
    I served on Jury duty about 3 months ago and they would NOT let us go across the street to the library .

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have submitted a couple of " can't do's " with no problem. I would love to do it...but dam, it's on the level with a vacation. ( which I can neither afford ) Exceptions are great.

BUT Why.... if we can pay the judge and usually the prosecution & defense teams, labs, expurtz...whatever, why not the jury at least their daily wage + expenses.??

Unemployed...last 3 month average wage ( daily ) + expenses

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Is it true that whoever is chosen to say,the decision has to speak out all of their personal information in front of everyone, including the person who you are speaking,of? I was told they have to name their families names and what not, i find this VERY hard to believe..

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Is it true that whoever is chosen to say,the decision has to speak out all of their personal information in front of everyone, including the person who you are speaking,of? I was told they have to name their families names and what not, i find this VERY hard to believe..

Only been to selection twice, they just said name IIRC

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I have submitted a couple of " can't do's " with no problem. I would love to do it...but dam, it's on the level with a vacation. ( which I can neither afford ) Exceptions are great.

BUT Why.... if we can pay the judge and usually the prosecution & defense teams, labs, expurtz...whatever, why not the jury at least their daily wage + expenses.??

Unemployed...last 3 month average wage ( daily ) + expenses

The companies I worked for would reimburse
    you for the difference in jury pay, a pittance, and what you would normally make.

I was salaried so it didn't make any difference.

One time I was called conflicted with a planned vacation, so they put it off for a couple of months. The jury people in EBRP have been very good to work with.
    :bigok:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My mom said I got called in college once and she just told them I was out of state. I've gotten out of it a cpl times too. I actually got called and made it on a jury once out in Calif. It was a stupid case. At first I liked it because it got me out of going to work but then I was bored. that was awhile ago.

Top Bottom