Krav Maga in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Any one know of any places teaching Krav Maga in baton rouge? I've been contemplating trying to learn this and I know there is a place in NOLA but haven't seen anything in BR.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Heard the guys in NOLA are no more, but can't say for certian if that's correct.
    There was a guy at my gym talking about Krav; if I can ever find him, I'll ask him. He had mentioned something about a dojo whilst talking to another guy in the locker room.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There's a taekwondo place in denham that lists a Krav class, but I'm not sure if its "official". Also there used to be a gym in Hammond that taught it.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Heard the guys in NOLA are no more, but can't say for certian if that's correct.
    There was a guy at my gym talking about Krav; if I can ever find him, I'll ask him. He had mentioned something about a dojo whilst talking to another guy in the locker room.

I'll check on that, have a buddy that has been going to the NOLA Krav guys since they opened.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I'll check on that, have a buddy that has been going to the NOLA Krav guys since they opened.

The Krav Maga studio on the westbank of New Orleans is open and doing well. There are no plans of them closing down.

dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?64154-Krav-Maga&p=892455#post892455

I did Krav Maga out in Hammond for about six months with, I think it was called, Myers Family Karate and was very pleased. I had to stop because driving to Hammond from BR was putting a hurt on my gas budget (that and a deployment to Afghanistan puts a halt on things pretty quick). But I was very please with the way things were managed. They are not belt driven at all in the Krav Maga program and the techniques are highly adaptable to a person's body type, size weight, gender, etc. A few years ago I wanted to get back into it and saw the place out in Denham. I went to check the place out and the guy who ran it basically told me that while he went to the training for Krav Maga he is no longer affiliated with them and teaches his own thing. I wasn't impressed needless to say. Hey maybe that has changed, I don't know. You should probably check him out and decide for yourself if his place is right for you. My experience with Krav Maga is it's a no nonsense martial arts that gives what you put into it. If you want to have sparing matches and competition, Krav Maga probably isn't for you.

LaPipeliner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Albany, La
    The dojo in Hammond is Myers Family Karate. Mark and Sherry are excellent instructors. I was one of the first four to test in Louisiana. Krav Maga is by far the best
    self defense system I have found. I took for about 1.5 years, but had to quit because I travel and work now. I highly recommend it for anyone.

jmarto1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I've been doing KM at Close Combat and Fitness on Veterans. It is about $100 a month and you can take as many classes as you like. They are currently trying to branch out into St. Tammany. Just make sure that whoever you go with is either IKMF or Krav Worlwide. Close Combat is IKMF and the one on the WB is Worldwide.

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    Any one know of any places teaching Krav Maga in baton rouge? I've been contemplating trying to learn this and I know there is a place in NOLA but haven't seen anything in BR.

Inspired Martial Arts on Highland Rd next to Max Fitness.

Great school.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Inspired Martial Arts on Highland Rd next to Max Fitness.

Great school.
    Can you provide any information on their classes? The format, number of people, and anything else that we would like to know?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So the Baton Rouge Krav Maga place opened up right around the corner from my house. Anyone tried it out or know anything about it? My dad and I are contemplating checking it out after the new year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom