Dick Cheney Gets New Heart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Hopefully it came in black ...like the old one

Cheny is wayyyyy up on my list of wuts rong...Promise u if Dick hadn't agred to babysit the Shrub it would have been another POTUS

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I hope he's doing okay. If it was me in that situation I would hope I was doing okay.

What does age have to do with anything?

It's a very important factor in determining the suitability of a candidate to receiver a heart. If you have a 20 year old and a 70 year old and one heart the 20 year old gets it all other things being equal. And there's a shitload of 20 year olds waiting for the heart Dick Chaney got.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I think even a pig heart would have been a slap in the face to all pigs. That man is an evil bastard. The only thing he deserves is a handful of coal shoved in his chest. Many fine young men have died because of that man.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    My question is how did he make it to the top of the transplant list. My guess is that there several factors that establish where a potential recipient winds up on a transplant waiting list. Let’s be realistic here, the guy is 71, how much life does he have left? Yes, that sounds cold but I’m willing to bet that age is one of the factors involved. I’m guessing that the survival rate for such a major surgery the older you are is less than 50/50. I’m certain that there are quite a few children on that same waiting list whose odds of survival are much greater than 50/50 because of their age. My point here is that if this were 71 year old Joe Schmoe, would Joe Schmoe move to the head of the list? Is it all about money? Just asking questions here.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My question is how did he make it to the top of the transplant list. My guess is that there several factors that establish where a potential recipient winds up on a transplant waiting list. Let’s be realistic here, the guy is 71, how much life does he have left? Yes, that sounds cold but I’m willing to bet that age is one of the factors involved. I’m guessing that the survival rate for such a major surgery the older you are is less than 50/50. I’m certain that there are quite a few children on that same waiting list whose odds of survival are much greater than 50/50 because of their age. My point here is that if this were 71 year old Joe Schmoe, would Joe Schmoe move to the head of the list? Is it all about money? Just asking questions here.

He wasn't "at the top". He spent 20 months on the list. So money isn't necessarily at the heart, and FWIW money won't buy your match. That's luck of the draw.

Do I agree with a 71 year old getting a heart? Maybe. Take, oh.... Take LSP for example. He's 60, not too far from 70 and in good health. As far as I know, never suffering a heart attack and his parents are still alive. All indications point to him having a few more years on this earth. Considering the first guy that I had an honest to god crush on died before 40 after two separate kidney transplants, the odds are in LSP's favor. No reason he wouldn't have an equal chance compared to younger patients. Transplants are hard, no matter who you are.

However.... Cheney has had multiple heart attacks and heart surgeries since his thirties. To me, it doesn't make sense. He wasn't a good candidate from the very basic get-go. Doesn't matter who he is. So was money involved? No. Influence? Quite possibly. But at the end of the day it was still his luck of the draw that he matched the heart. If there was nobody else on the entire organ transplant list that matched this very specific donor, sure. Give it to someone who wouldn't have received it otherwise. But the thought of many younger, more fit recipients being passed over because of his influence... Well, I hope not.

Last edited:

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    I lost the love of my life to the national donor program, now her twin sister is also waiting for a heart. Seeing this bastard get one because he's a rich politician makes me want to vomit.

g

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Dr Evil never had a heart.
    I think its propaganda by Dr Evil.....he's probably trying to re-write his personal history and knew he had to start with the heart.

Top Bottom