Snake Identified! Midland Brown Snake, Thanks Mojo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Pain

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge (Central)
    I have caught 5+ foot texas rat stakes out here, she did not want to hold it tho... well she did not want to hold this lil one but she grew some little balls and did. Its 14" long and from what i know of them now, thats full grown

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Lol, sorry we made fun of your little lap snake..but seriously, keep a look out for corn snakes and one I haven't seen around here in a while the hog nosed snake. You should have both on your property but the hog nosed seems to have disappeared lately.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Growing up I had two Eastern Hog Nosed snakes....They were my favorite snakes and I had lots of different snakes back then. Its a real shame that you don't come across them like you used to. If you were in a pine wood area you were bound to find one if you looked close enough...or came across one "playing dead"!!

Major Pain

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge (Central)
    Lol, sorry we made fun of your little lap snake..but seriously, keep a look out for corn snakes and one I haven't seen around here in a while the hog nosed snake. You should have both on your property but the hog nosed seems to have disappeared lately.

HAHA! All good, it was funny! Its a cute little snake, i have been playing with it most the day. We have had a hog snake come in the house about 4' long. My wife came across it. That scared the **** out of her :D but thats the only one i have seen. I will keep y'all posted as i catch em'.

Top Bottom