anyone here bought amazon "prime" for $79?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    you get free 2 day shipping and instant videos!?

is that free 2 day shipping on everything?

do you get all instant videos????? or just certain ones?

side note, i find it strange they have southland season 1,2, and 4 but not season 3.

i just looked into this, there is a free one month trial. i guess i can cancel before the one month is up? is it easy to do?

my pc is connected to my hdtv.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I had Prime for a while when I got the credit card and everything, but eventually cancelled it. Now, I have Amazon Prime Student, which has the 2 day shipping, but I have no idea on the video stuffs. The free 2 day shipping only applies to orders directly from Amazon or orders by a marketplace FILLED by Amazon. If you buy lots of crap from Amazon, it's worth it, IMO.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I had Prime for a while when I got the credit card and everything, but eventually cancelled it. Now, I have Amazon Prime Student, which has the 2 day shipping, but I have no idea on the video stuffs. The free 2 day shipping only applies to orders directly from Amazon or orders by a marketplace FILLED by Amazon. If you buy lots of crap from Amazon, it's worth it, IMO.

I have prime student and it is great getting 2 day shipping. I also don't know what your referring to in regards to the videos.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    nevermind. its only certain movies/tv shows. mostly junk. if they offered southland or breaking bad season 4, i would have taken it hook, line, sinker.

i want those shows real bad but netflix does not have them.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    We've been Prime members for a few years. The 2 day shipping applies to stuff Amazon sells you. Anyone can sell through Amazon, so you have to be aware of what is prime eligible or not. When I search, I often click the "Prime" box to help me find the eligible stuff.

For example: You are interested in a book. Amazon sells the book. You order and get 2 day shipping.
    For example 2: You are interested in a school book. Someone is selling a used book cheap through Amazon. You order and don't get 2 day shipping (unless they agree to send it 2 day).

We get all kinds of stuff from them.... books, music, food, electronics.... almost anything. I've bought pocket knives through them, but they were sold by another company so shipping wasn't fast.

Also, you can stream movies from their library and if you have a kindle, you can borrow books. The wife borrowed The Hunger Games recently.... She got to keep it for a month.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm about to buy a Kindle and am considering getting a Prime membership to get free books. Haven't researched the details yet though.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've been a prime member for years. I do almost all christmas shopping on Amazon and have the stuff shipped free to my family all over the country. I save hundreds in shipping and not to mention dealing with the gifts.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Prime is sweet. I've had it for a few years now. The 2 day shipping is really nice and if you absolutely need something the next day it's only 3.99 for overnight shipping (per item). I would think it's rare you'd need something that quickly, but it's nice to have the option.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I use price and get it at half price as mentioned above for being a student. You get access to streaming, if you have a kindle free book rentals, online storage for music and the 2 day air shipping. Also as already mentioned it does only cover things shipped and fulfilled by Amazon, but still I HATE waiting so it's very handy.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I JUST bought it. As much as my wife reads and the amount we buy will make it worthwhile for us. Heck, wa are already 9.04 up! 69.96 to go! to break even!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Just a note, you can share a prime account with four other accounts for free. Go to manage settings and choose share this account. It will ask for an email address to send the invite to. I share mine with two close friends.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ordered my Kindle yesterday and signed up for the 1 month free trial. Will see how much me and my wife use the book lending and other features, then decided if I want to keep it.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was going to join because of the "lending library" but it appears that an iPad user with a Kindle app cannot participate in the lending libary. Am I interpreting that correctly?

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I would not want to go on living in a world without Prime. I've saved thousands with it and the convince is intangible. And I barely use the streaming media features.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm about to buy a Kindle and am considering getting a Prime membership to get free books. Haven't researched the details yet though.

I love PRIME.

If you really attempt to do as much shopping as you can on Amazon it's easily worth it.
    Plus sharing it with 4 Family members allows you to split the cost to $20 per family or person.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Damn NOOK....

Thanks for the insights. I've been considering it too. The sharing feature might make it worth my while. I usually do the really long super savers free shipping (because I'm frugal, not cheap :chuckles:)

Top Bottom