Reap what you sow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    I need to pass on a bad experience with a local business. Maybe I am wrong or just easily offended.
    My daughter goes to LSU, 20 years old. She needs a new car. I told her to find a lease return at a dealer in town that deals in the brand. She found a 2010 VW she wanted. She negotiated a decent deal (20,000+), TTL, for cash. I transfered the money to her account. Ten minutes later, she calls and says the salesman had "miscommunicated" with the sales manager and the actual price was $1000 more than agreed. After some discussion, we agreed to split the difference and go ahead with the purchase as they knew we would when they pulled their sleazy move.
    Cheap, transparent used car salesman crap from a supposedly reputable new car dealer.
    Just need to vent and pass the word on less than trustworthy business practices, thanks.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Yeah... I hate car dealerships. Worked for one for 3 weeks and was so disgusted by the practices that I quit. Of course the ******* manager told me I was quitting because of the "long hours." Because 0800-1800 is a hell of a day and someone should get that man a medal.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Name of dealership, followed by posting on social media as to the sleazy predatory tactics that dealership employs. Shine the light on that nest of cockroaches!

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I would have walked away. Giving them business keeps them in business to do it to another person.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    20 year old girl with dad's money...it doesn't get much better than that for a car salesman. And they get especially shady when you inform them you are paying cash, the dealer makes a significant chunk of their money on financing.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I learned the walk out trick too late in life to be much fun but did get to do it twice, both times they called and made the deal I wanted...or the deal they set me up to want...hahaha, them guys are slick.

Agree post the name, let everyone know.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have worked in a few dealerships and the thing that I noticed and want to question is this. Did you have a signed and or initialed buyers agreement? Something that both your daughter and the salesman or sales manager signed? If she did then I would have held there feet to the fire on it. I also agree with Speed to a certain extent. They may not have realized it was a cash deal and were planning on making something on the back end (the financing). When they found out that they were getting a check they "changed" there mind. The maximum that a dealer can charge over the bank issued interest is 3 points, at least it was back in my day (9yrs). On extended warranties they only make a few hundred dollars at the most. Credit life and accident and health insurance they can make a pretty good lick though. That is the whole reason I either pay cash or get my own financing most of the time.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I learned the walk out trick too late in life to be much fun but did get to do it twice, both times they called and made the deal I wanted...or the deal they set me up to want...hahaha, them guys are slick.

By the way Yrdawg, dont you ever sleep?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A good lesson to teach your daughter is how to walk away from disreputable businesses practices. Genereally, a deal is given in writing not verbal. If she had a purchase agreement in writing she had them by the balls. Not to be an ass but why would you send a college age female out to purchase a car by herself with "daddy's money". You were begging to get screwed.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Try the don't walk in trick. Contact their internet sales. Don't walk in unless they have the car you want at your price. You will have the agreement in black and white so there can be no "miscommunications". I just bought the wife a new Honda Pilot EX-L w/Navi at TEAM Honda. Great folks to deal with. I got the vehicle $3,100 under MSRP, saved $500 on the extended warranty, and got $4,000 for a vehicle that was worth $3,500 at best. I told them I wanted a package deal (car price/trade in price/extended warranty/add ons) as a package. Doing this TEAM beat Richards Honda by $1,800 plus $3,100 under MSRP. Doing you homework can save a lot of $$$$.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom