Tragic killing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm having a serious case of déjà vu, minus the marchers:

"[...] About 7:30 p.m., a 22-year-old man and his girlfriend ordered food at the Taco Bell drive-thru and were told to pull up while their order was prepared.

At the same time, Adkins stepped around a corner into the path of the vehicle and angry words were exchanged between he and the driver.

They got into an altercation and Adkins was shot once by the driver. He died at the scene.

The driver, a 22-year-old black male, called police but has not been arrested.

At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end.

Family members want that driver arrested, but he's claiming self-defense. [...]

[...] The dog, Lady, stayed by Adkins' side until the Humane Society came. Adkins lived with his mom and dad. He's 29, but his family says he's mentally disabled and has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. [...]"

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...-victim-was-holding-leash-not-weapon-4-4-2012

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Sound like the police are again doing the right thing, investigating the case to obtain the facts before they decide if a crime has been committed.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    "This person is still on the loose and I don't agree with that. So he's saying self defense, then where's the weapon? Where's the pipe? They didn't find anything on my brother," says Reyes. "He was just too aggressive, you don't need to go that far."

Once again...a pie hole blow out, swinging anything at my car window is possibly an illegal or attempted illegal entry, carjack,...if this driver will shut up he'll probably fly.

Sorry about the dead guy, but if his family knew he was smart as a twelve year old why did they have a dog babysitting him ?? 12 YO's will get in trouble unsupervised. I might make an exception if a 12 YO swung on me, but if the 12 YO is actually 29, different story. Pics of the shootee would help.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Mentally ill people are killed many times each year by law enforcement and others.

I think we should have their foreheads tattooed so no more of them are mistaken for sane people.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Sound like the police are again doing the right thing, investigating the case to obtain the facts before they decide if a crime has been committed.

I don't think that's really the point here. The point is, why is it that we aren't hearing this story crammed down our throats like we are the Z on T case? That crap blew up to the nat'l level in HOURS and has been there non stop for over a month now.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Throwin out a guess, .....the shootee was white

And once again sounds like the cops are handlin up on it by the facts...just NO outrage. Maybe white people need some rent a riot capabilities, or maybe the other guys need to quit being led by the nose and told what they think by the likes of Al and Jessie.

All this is only going one place...race confrontation engineered by media , who is manipulated by ???

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't think that's really the point here. The point is, why is it that we aren't hearing this story crammed down our throats like we are the Z on T case? That crap blew up to the nat'l level in HOURS and has been there non stop for over a month now.

Actually it didn't take right off, took a little over a week to get outside of FL, but once it did it was 24/7

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge

Interestingly enough, he looks to be at least part Hispanic. You couldn't make this stuff up...

daniel-adkins.jpg

(Part) Hispanic guy shoots black guy pictured by the media as a twelve year old.

Black guy shoots (part) Hispanic guy with the mental capacity of a twelve year old.

Lets see how the outrage compares.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

No it didn't. It took a month. Its been "non-stop" ever since.

It's SAD to me when anyone is violently killed. Especially, those who are mentally challenged and the young.

Everyone had better start using their HEADS...

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

And once again sounds like the cops are handlin up on it by the facts...just NO outrage. Maybe white people need some rent a riot capabilities, or maybe the other guys need to quit being led by the nose and told what they think by the likes of Al and Jessie.

All this is only going one place...race confrontation engineered by media , who is manipulated by ???

We lack the race baiting assholes the black community have.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So you are in the drive through, with your car in drive.... someone yells at you and swings at the window or something, and you can't just put your foot on the accelerator? Instead you pull out a gun and shoot the person and claim self defense... Riiiiiiiiiight! The one thing I am curious about is if the driver got out the car, I didn't read or hear anything about that. The "witness" says there was an "altercation." Did the driver stay in the car the whole time?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    The driver in the situation you just described should absolutely, even in a "stand your ground" state, leave the altercation if possible.

In my opinion there is no reason to escalate to the point of violence IF you can safely leave the location and diffuse the situation.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Settle down people and look at the big picture!!! These "accidentals and self defense shootings are only going to lead to one thing.... Stiffer gun control laws! Just liked the book that someone posted last week is about. The liberal media will take these cases and run with them to pass their agenda... GUN CONTROL!! Just like a few summers ago they were going on about the shark attacks at the beaches but there weren't any more shark attacks that summer compared to any other summer. It was something the media jumped on to scare people. It would be very easy for them to start broadcasting every shooting in America to get congress to pass harsher gun laws. Just my .02 and something to think about.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    No it didn't. It took a month. Its been "non-stop" ever since.

It's SAD to me when anyone is violently killed. Especially, those who are mentally challenged and the young.

Everyone had better start using their HEADS...

It was posted on here less than a month after it happened, and that wasn't the first I'd heard about it. Either way, it's stupid that so many other acts of violence are being completely dismissed by MSM as "acceptable" because of the racial makeup of the incidences.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom