How many of you activated your NRA Armscare Firearms insurance this past week?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you activate your NRA Armscare insurance this week?

• Total voters

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am just curious how many of you activated your Free/price included Firearms insurance you get with an NRA membership this week. It is unfortunate we had a member loose his only firearm in a fire recently and a free replacement could be had with the NRA insurance. You may not agree with everything the NRA has done, and I certainly don't, but they do a tremendous amount of work to allow businesses large and small sell firearms and firearm accessories.

If you belong to the NRA and have not activated your insurance you can do so at the following link. If you don't belong to the NRA, the cost of membership is cheap compared to all the benefits they offer.

http://www.nraendorsedinsurance.com/campaigns/Nr-14878/index.html

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I activated my insurance recently, with some added benefits. Its not so much a fire I'm worried about; I have lots of long guns in a glass gun case and worry about the possibility of theft.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I did- thanks to your suggestion.

I get so much mail- and I have to honest- I never followed up on it. After you made the suggestion, I activated it.....

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    I activated my insurance recently, with some added benefits. Its not so much a fire I'm worried about; I have lots of long guns in a glass gun case and worry about the possibility of theft.

i can put a piece of glass in there that would make the criminals want to burn your house down..

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Awesome, the more that activate the better. I want them to start wondering why so many people from Louisiana are activating the insurance!

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Nick, the problem with them noticing increase in activation by Louisianians is the possibility of claims tossing their D&L data out the window & increasing costs!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Nick, the problem with them noticing increase in activation by Louisianians is the possibility of claims tossing their D&L data out the window & increasing costs!

What is AWESOME about NRA insurance rates is you pay a reduced national rate. Insurance is crazy expensive in Louisiana, but the National rates for business insurance arranged by the NRA are much cheaper. They also got me set up with a merchant account with rates at least .75% better than the next cheapest company and they are firearms friendly.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    For those of you that qualify for USAA insurance, they now cover guns on a seperate policy

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think you can get it for $25 from just about any recruiter. Try going through Geaux Shootin's website. Directly from the NRA is $35, and I think if you buy a Ruger they give you a year, I don't know if that was a special or an every day thing.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I had a year of NRA membership and regretted it. Got daily emails spamming me about life insurance, car insurance, buy this buy that... Got the same in the mail every week. After ignoring the spam for about 2 years it finally slowed down. The last thing I want is to give them a reason to start harassing me again.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I had a year of NRA membership and regretted it. Got daily emails spamming me about life insurance, car insurance, buy this buy that... Got the same in the mail every week. After ignoring the spam for about 2 years it finally slowed down. The last thing I want is to give them a reason to start harassing me again.

They tell you when you apply now that they are going to spam you in order to raise money. I joined the NRA business alliance, and it is invaluable to a small firearms based business. I get daily mail now, but it is MUCH better mail than they regular membership stuff I use to get. I just gave them a junk email address and skim it when I feel like it, but one of the emails saved me $125!

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central

You can easily opt out of their mailing list with a simple email or 2 min phone call. In fact they would have appreciated it so it saved them some money.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I've had armscare for a couple of years now, after every insurance company I talked to wanted an appraisal for every gun. Most places wanted $50 per gun.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't mind the NRA mail/e-mail so much. I know that as a gun owner they are the tip of the spear for protecting my rights by keeping the lunatic fringe on the defensive - despite what all the detractors may say.

Who is the group the anti-gun (enemy) politicians and anti-gun groups always mention first when they talk about "the evil gun lobby"? N...R...A

If not for them, none of us can say for sure whether we'd enjoy the firearms freedom we have today.

And- let's not forget on a local level- the LSA (Louisiana Shooting Association) and the great job they do for us right here at home! EVERYONE who's a gun owner living in Louisiana should join up...they have your back!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I don't mind the NRA mail/e-mail so much. I know that as a gun owner they are the tip of the spear for protecting my rights by keeping the lunatic fringe on the defensive - despite what all the detractors may say.

Who is the group the anti-gun (enemy) politicians and anti-gun groups always mention first when they talk about "the evil gun lobby"? N...R...A

If not for them, none of us can say for sure whether we'd enjoy the firearms freedom we have today.

And- let's not forget on a local level- the LSA (Louisiana Shooting Association) and the great job they do for us right here at home! EVERYONE who's a gun owner living in Louisiana should join up...they have your back!

I love the LSA and the NRA.

Here is my question, why is the NRA lifetime membership a freaking $1000!!?? If they had only 100k people sign up for that, that is a shitton of money!! It is $100,000,000 to be exact!! Just imagine if they had a million, then it is a BILLION DOLLARS!!

I just wish a lifetime membership was more reasonable, that is all I am asking.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I love the LSA and the NRA.

Here is my question, why is the NRA lifetime membership a freaking $1000!!?? If they had only 100k people sign up for that, that is a shitton of money!! It is $100,000,000 to be exact!! Just imagine if they had a million, then it is a BILLION DOLLARS!!

I just wish a lifetime membership was more reasonable, that is all I am asking.

Because just like 'The Reverand Jackson' they have NO interest in WINNING, just in prolonging things and profiting as much as possible from it.

I'll not be rejoining an organization with a 100+ year history of being AGAINST gun-owners!

Top Bottom