Need help identifying this old siren...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Dug this out of the back closet at the shop today.

56e664e8.jpg

c16d5535.jpg

ebe7e1a3.jpg

Manufacturer's plate is gone. All I know is that it is old, heavy and LOUD!!!!!! I hooked it up to my truck using jumper cables and even with ear muffs on it hurt. It almost sounds like an air raid siren. When I hooked it up the motor spun so fast it turned itself over. Any ideas?

Shikkapow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Federal model 28. there are different sub models, but from the pictures it looks like a 28. worth a little bit of $ on Ebay. if I were you I would keep it and break it out for New Years, the fourth or any other time you want to disturb your neighbors. I have a small collection I break out for just those reasons.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Federal model 28. there are different sub models, but from the pictures it looks like a 28. worth a little bit of $ on Ebay. if I were you I would keep it and break it out for New Years, the fourth or any other time you want to disturb your neighbors. I have a small collection I break out for just those reasons.

thats the last thing we did at their old house in hammond as we were about to leave.

BTW anyone looking for a 2br 1 bath in hammond?

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Might have been on a old American LaFrance fire truck
    Thats it, they still put them just like them on fire trucks, Eng 11 on Highland road has one just like that on it but its a custom cab Farrera not an American L. Damn loud it will almost blow cars out the way.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I will probably get this thing restored but it has some nasty gouges on the top. Know any shops in the Nola area that restore old busted crap? :D

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    12 volt? It would be really cool on my Dune Buggy during Parade season (hint hint):wavey:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    so what are you going to do with it? that thing would look really cool restored! maybe some of that hammer-paint and the grill chromed.

I will probably bead blast it and repaint it a flat grey or green with a semi gloss or the like. It has some nasty gouges on the top that would make it very expensive for a full restore.

12 volt? It would be really cool on my Dune Buggy during Parade season (hint hint):wavey:

Not letting this thing go for nothing! :D

And yeah it's a 12 volt. I think it runs at 100 amps! Trying to find a way to wire it up :ninja:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    better yet...fix it up and lease it to Ax Men. Shelby Stanga needs that on the Swamp Buggy or his Jet Boat. It'd be the only thing in the swamp louder than him.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    IF yall are ever in the town of Sunset at about noon you can hear a siren go of. The siren it self is about 30 feet up on the water tower and is massive. It was once the siren at a German prisoner of war camp somewhere around southern Louisiana. It had broke so the town had us take it down and we found someone to change the wiring. The name plate I believe says Chicago on it. I believe the old mayor are street supervisor got it in an auction. The style kinda looks like the one you have pictured.

Top Bottom