California Sucks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Yes is does....I still miss the place though. Awesome place to visit, but I wouldn't live there again. What did California do to tick you off, Jason?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Oh, let us count the ways shall we...anyone want to start with the gun laws.....say like those stupid AR mag releases

In what liberal way did they make them nearly useless? I saw a CA compliant model of the DD I bought, but am not aware what the differences are.

California is good for 2 things:

1) Sucking up illegals

2) UCLA Co-eds

I was born in Long Beach, but I would NOT raise a family in So Cal. Northern California is much nicer and a completely different state. However, they still have the dumb gun laws.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Whats hilarious is.They will legalize weed ,yet guns are out of the question lol..

It is a morally screwed up place.A others stated.Great place to visit.Especially up north
    cali.But the smog,people and craziness in LA is,,definitely a place I never want to live.
    Even If I was rich !!!!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Whats hilarious is.They will legalize weed ,yet guns are out of the question lol..

It is a morally screwed up place.A others stated.Great place to visit.Especially up north
    cali.But the smog,people and craziness in LA is,,definitely a place I never want to live.
    Even If I was rich !!!!

Peace and love, brother... and gay anal sex. Guns just don't fit in there.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Well,heres the real deal on these screwed up gun states.I order from crazy states like this all the time.In fact.
    they have more lowers for ARs in cali than anywhere in US.The fact is ,its all about the money and so forth.

They can sell anything legal for cali or not from cali.Not to cali,but out of state from cali.Same as new york..wash..
    etc..... All those states are pro non gun.But yet they sell and produce many thousands of guns that cant be owned
    ,by even their own employees.That is why that Mike left Florida and started his business in Arizona.

They also get a tax break as well in those states.Weird isn't it.But yet legal..Sad but yet true !!!

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Well I guess I'm not as mad at them as others are.

It's just aggravating that I have to get approval from Ca doj to ship a gun.

It's not the guy who's buying its fault, its their stupid system. The person who is buying the gun has to jump through even more hurdles.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    In what liberal way did they make them nearly useless? I saw a CA compliant model of the DD I bought, but am not aware what the differences are.

California is good for 2 things:

1) Sucking up illegals

2) UCLA Co-eds

I was born in Long Beach, but I would NOT raise a family in So Cal. Northern California is much nicer and a completely different state. However, they still have the dumb gun laws.

This. NorCal(minus the Yay), from my perspective, wasn't a bad place. The people were pretty nice, but the driving...oh, dear Lord, the driving...of course, NOLA drivers are no better, as I learned once I moved back here after Katrina. But, they still have that funky tasting Nancy Pelosi vag running things and not allowing law abiders to own guns.

Even If I was rich !!!!

You ever think the weed thing might have been because of guns being essentially illegal/useless?

Well,heres the real deal on these screwed up gun states.I order from crazy states like this all the time.In fact.
    they have more lowers for ARs in cali than anywhere in US.The fact is ,its all about the money and so forth.

They can sell anything legal for cali or not from cali.Not to cali,but out of state from cali.Same as new york..wash..
    etc..... All those states are pro non gun.But yet they sell and produce many thousands of guns that cant be owned
    ,by even their own employees.That is why that Mike left Florida and started his business in Arizona.

They also get a tax break as well in those states.Weird isn't it.But yet legal..Sad but yet true !!!

Look at Massachusetts...

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I went to NYC last summer, thought i wouldn't like it. It was amazing and i would find it very hard to describe. However due to gun laws i would never live there, and i just love Slidell too much.

The place is so big it make New Orleans look like a joke as far as size of a city goes. I think Slidell has the population of NYC's china town, they may still outnumber us though.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I went to NYC last summer, thought i wouldn't like it. It was amazing and i would find it very hard to describe. However due to gun laws i would never live there, and i just love Slidell too much.

The place is so big it make New Orleans look like a joke as far as size of a city goes. I think Slidell has the population of NYC's china town, they may still outnumber us though.

NYC is indeed a place that will make your jaw drop, especially if you're like many of us here who grew up in the sticks. I went in June/July 2007 for the first time, and I was in awe most of the time. I tried hiding it, because I was with my wife(gf at the time) and didn't want her to have to deal with a culture shocked kid from southeast LA. I don't have a southern accent/drawl, so that part didn't affect me, thankfully.

However, if I ever go back, it will be after I'm a full fledged LEO, so I can pack some heat in case of SHTF. Quite possibly the single greatest argument for becoming a federal(that's my goal) LEO is HB218.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    NYC is indeed a place that will make your jaw drop, especially if you're like many of us here who grew up in the sticks. I went in June/July 2007 for the first time, and I was in awe most of the time. I tried hiding it, because I was with my wife(gf at the time) and didn't want her to have to deal with a culture shocked kid from southeast LA. I don't have a southern accent/drawl, so that part didn't affect me, thankfully.

However, if I ever go back, it will be after I'm a full fledged LEO, so I can pack some heat in case of SHTF. Quite possibly the single greatest argument for becoming a federal(that's my goal) LEO is HB218.

Yeah slidell is where I've lived my life and my first night in NYC i walked like 80-90 blocks and never got out of the sky scrappers. People were people, I deffinently had the stigma that they're all jerks, but i really didn't notice anyhting to different. The only thing i didnt like was the guys selling their cd's near times square, which i saw once and never went back too. Obvious tourist trap.

Its gonna be a few more trips before I get to see it all.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yeah slidell is where I've lived my life and my first night in NYC i walked like 80-90 blocks and never got out of the sky scrappers. People were people, I deffinently had the stigma that they're all jerks, but i really didn't notice anyhting to different. The only thing i didnt like was the guys selling their cd's near times square, which i saw once and never went back too. Obvious tourist trap.

Its gonna be a few more trips before I get to see it all.

I was there for 2 solid weeks and didn't even make a dent in Manhattan...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    My experience with Ca is from driving trucks for 10 years in and out. Beautiful country...like the country people, farms...all the places a produce truck goes. HATE the cities, traffic like most big shittys, I got no beef with CHP...they let me slide a time or two. Secret then to drive in Ca and stay outtta trouble was to have a non black smoke belching CLEAN truck. Under and over...the truck cops love to crawl under them. 1981 so a LOT could have changed

Top Bottom