SBR question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Let's say I buy a lower with the intent on making it an SBR in the future (6 months - year). Do I need to register it form 4 when I purchase and do all the crap then, or can I do a form 1 when I decide to put the short barrel on it? I'm assuming form 1 but wanted to double check with those that have NFA experience. Eventually I want to have the SBR with full auto and silencer, will adding these to it after it's registered as an SBR make any difference or do I just form 4 the parts as I buy them and add it onto the SBR?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    First the FA issue. He didn't say he wanted to build a machine gun. He said he wanted to add full auto to it at a later time. This means he wants to add a Registered Drop In Auto Sear (RDIAS) to make the gun full auto. That's no problem. When the RDIAS is in the gun it will be a machine gun. When you take it out, it will be a SBR. No problem. Form 4 the RDIAS and the silencer when funds allow.

You don't need to Form 4 anything when building the SBR. Just buy a stripped lower from any gun store and submit a Form 1 when you are ready. I'd recommend doing it ASAP because the imminent Assault Weapons Ban may make it more difficult.

I just got the ball rolling on my second SBR today. Let me know what further questions you have. Don't forget to register with the state first!!!

3002900639_8e19832b1a.jpg

Top Bottom