Do Traffic Cops "go on break"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Was out running my V1 after I got it back from having an update done and passed a traffic patrol lurking in the bushes in median on 49S. No ping from his Stalker, or anything. I have had this happen before. Taking a nap in his car on break? Eating? Writing up a report on something or other?Who knows. I just wondered if they did indeed take breaks in their cars either officially, or unofficially.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    We're you speeding? We are trained to not just leave the radar on. We guesstimate the speed, then if we believe the vehicle is speeding, we click on the radar to verify speed.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Several years ago we owned a business in Walker, and had been experiencing some problems with some of the shop equipment. One morning my wife asked me to go by the shop and check things before going on to my job, so I drove into the shopping center parking lot about 5 AM. A local sheriff's car was parked in the lot, almost directly in front of our store. After checking the shop I rolled right by it, close enough to see the officer was obviously sound asleep. I started to toot my horn and say good morning, then decided that would not be a good thing to do -- might get shot(!)

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Several years ago we owned a business in Walker, and had been experiencing some problems with some of the shop equipment. One morning my wife asked me to go by the shop and check things before going on to my job, so I drove into the shopping center parking lot about 5 AM. A local sheriff's car was parked in the lot, almost directly in front of our store. After checking the shop I rolled right by it, close enough to see the officer was obviously sound asleep. I started to toot my horn and say good morning, then decided that would not be a good thing to do -- might get shot(!)

Why you think those windows are blacked out. :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Was out running my V1 after I got it back from having an update done and passed a traffic patrol lurking in the bushes in median on 49S. No ping from his Stalker, or anything. I have had this happen before. Taking a nap in his car on break? Eating? Writing up a report on something or other?Who knows. I just wondered if they did indeed take breaks in their cars either officially, or unofficially.[/QUOTE

No they are automatons. 12 hrs a day no breaks, just wrecking people's day non stop.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Was out running my V1 after I got it back from having an update done and passed a traffic patrol lurking in the bushes in median on 49S. No ping from his Stalker, or anything. I have had this happen before. Taking a nap in his car on break? Eating? Writing up a report on something or other?Who knows. I just wondered if they did indeed take breaks in their cars either officially, or unofficially.

Dude, you run a V1. Awesome wicked. I run a V2.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    They knew it was the worlds smartest person driving the worlds best car with the worlds finest cop evader electronics, just world class **** that a mere mortal cop could NEVER catch much less prosecute.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    No they are automatons. 12 hrs a day no breaks, just wrecking people's day non stop.

Called it.

When I was in Oregon, they had a cop car they would park with a dummy in uniform in the front seat (think Super Troopers). About twice a month, they'd switch with an actual officer. Can't imagine how many tickets they got way.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Called it.

When I was in Oregon, they had a cop car they would park with a dummy in uniform in the front seat (think Super Troopers). About twice a month, they'd switch with an actual officer. Can't imagine how many tickets they got way.

probably this guy

bilde

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    They knew it was the worlds smartest person driving the worlds best car with the worlds finest cop evader electronics, just world class **** that a mere mortal cop could NEVER catch much less prosecute.

I'll raise a Diet Coke with lime to that...

JR1572

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Was anyone in the unit? I've seen dept's. that just go park a empty unit to scare people.

It was off in the bushes. I did not think it very prudent to go out and check, and could not tell from the road. I certainly wouldn't abandon my cruiser there at 3am.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    We're you speeding? We are trained to not just leave the radar on. We guesstimate the speed, then if we believe the vehicle is speeding, we click on the radar to verify speed.

I have seen them do it both ways. Most locals just let the radar run. LSP will actually use I/O. Either way, I should have picked up his I/O's from a mile away or so, so he I/O'ed noone as far as I can determine for a good bit. I went by at the limit or 5 under, IIRC.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Awww, Bill, you're just starting to sound bitter, now. I bet you were a lot more fun before you retired and just sat home all day getting steamed up about minorities and younger people on internet forums. Go relax and have you something to drink. :bigok:

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When I was in running shape, my morning routine was 5 miles at 5am. I lived in Lafayette, close enough to River Ranch to use it as a running track. One morning several years ago when the monster houses in the very back were still under construction, I ran up on a Lafayette PD unit back there, sitting still with the engine running, driver's window down and an officer inside sound asleep. At first I feared the worst and stopped, but his snoring told me he was OK and I kept going. I couldn't believe he had put himself in danger like that.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    When I was in running shape, my morning routine was 5 miles at 5am. I lived in Lafayette, close enough to River Ranch to use it as a running track. One morning several years ago when the monster houses in the very back were still under construction, I ran up on a Lafayette PD unit back there, sitting still with the engine running, driver's window down and an officer inside sound asleep. At first I feared the worst and stopped, but his snoring told me he was OK and I kept going. I couldn't believe he had put himself in danger like that.

Eh, it gets warm, who knows what kind of shifts/day he had previous. Sometimes you don't choose for things to happen like that, they just do.

Top Bottom