Accident update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

gunguy11

Alright guys so since my accident on 4/30/12 I have had problems with my health.
    Head- as some of you know my head went through the windshield. Since then I have had a constant headache that ranges in pain from 3-8 on a scale of 1-10. I have had a cat scan that appeared to be ok, and if they do not get better will be sent in for a MRI.
    Chest pains- I have had chest pains since the accident and today I found out this is because my sternum is bruised and possibly a small crack. The attaching cartilage is also damaged.
    In addition to those I have neck and back pains that are subdued a little with the pain meds and muscle relaxers. This is when I can take them. I have to still drive to doctors offices and what not so I cannot be on a narcotic.
    If this wasn't enough I am out of work for atleast 3 weeks.
    For some reason I have full coverage on my car but there was no "med-pay" selected on my behalf so statefarm is not responsible for my medical payments. I just received health insurance for the company I am employed by but it was active may 1st; my wreck occurred the day before and it will not cover pre-existing conditions.
    With the seatbelt failure and the airbags not deploying I was hoping to gain some relief in my medical payments. Seems every lawyer u contact does not want to "earn" their money. Most have brusehed me off saying these cases take money and experts. Since I do not have an obvious lifelong traumatic injury the case may not be worth the payout.
    What I have gathered is that if an attorney cannot have their paralegal file suit and the company settle they do not want the case.
    Just wanted to update the members who were active in another thread recent of my accident.
    Thanks guys.

ATTENTION: sorry for any errors or spelling. Also information that may seem strange. With these headaches the info sounds right when I think it but may be skewed once written.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Are you kidding! You need to find one of the lawyers the blacks use to sue EVERYBODY!

Cause their network of ambulance chasers are tried and true! And their success rates are off the scale! ;)

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Do you have "uninsured motorist coverage"? If not, ask State Farm to produce a copy of the rejection form that you should have signed. Good Luck!

G

gunguy11

Thank you for the number. I will call him tomorrow, lord knows I have time.
    Yea I tried one out of new Orleans he even came up to the house. He wanted me to go to his doctor... I guess one on his payroll. If I do this I'm not going to change who I am and dishonest is not me.
    I do have uninsured motorist coverage. But they said something about a economic choice where they pay only property damage and not medical. It lists it on my policy, so they say.

G

gunguy11

Man sorry to hear about the craptastic luck. Was it the other persons fault?
    Unfortunately it was my fault. Just a bad day where I wasn't on my A-game. Did not pay as much attention to traffic as I should have.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thank you for the number. I will call him tomorrow, lord knows I have time.
    Yea I tried one out of new Orleans he even came up to the house. He wanted me to go to his doctor... I guess one on his payroll. If I do this I'm not going to change who I am and dishonest is not me.

Great quality to have! I respect that! :bravo:

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    I was tapped by a kid a few years ago at a stop sign because he said he didn't think I was gonna stop at it 10-15 mph tops and my back is still not right. Med bills suck and insurance of any kind is a rip off. You pay premiums that are outrageous and when you need to use it they tell you to bend over and give it to you till your raw.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was tapped by a kid a few years ago at a stop sign because he said he didn't think I was gonna stop at it 10-15 mph tops and my back is still not right. Med bills suck and insurance of any kind is a rip off. You pay premiums that are outrageous and when you need to use it they tell you to bend over and give it to you till your raw.

Well it REALLY depends on the insurer. I have NEVER had any bad experiences with USAA; and I have a wife that drives! :mamoru:

G

gunguy11

Very sorry to hear and I hope your back gets well with time.
    If I can remember right I believe I hit the tow truck at about 35-40mph. He was at a dead stop.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    That was directed more towards medical insurance. I have insurance with a $150 emergency room co-pay. My daughter hurt her foot and cried for hours literally. She was maybe 5 years old at the time. Anywho we end up going to OLOL ER and the did an X-ray and found she had fractured a toe. Now we all know there not much they can do for that so they made a half cast that was open on the front and covered the back of her leg wrapped with an ace bandage. I get the bill and have to pay $900. WTF! They didn't really do anything besides the X-ray. What a rip off.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That was directed more towards medical insurance. I have insurance with a $150 emergency room co-pay. My daughter hurt her foot and cried for hours literally. She was maybe 5 years old at the time. Anywho we end up going to OLOL ER and the did an X-ray and found she had fractured a toe. Now we all know there not much they can do for that so they made a half cast that was open on the front and covered the back of her leg wrapped with an ace bandage. I get the bill and have to pay $900. WTF! They didn't really do anything besides the X-ray. What a rip off.

Yes, that part is s**t! But it sounds like insurance fraud, and over charging for services at the very least.

Don't look for that to improve anytime soon.

G

gunguy11

I don't know about anyone else, but I got a headache when I saw the hole your head made in the glass....
    This is the humor topic most of the lawyers I did meet with picked at right before they said they don't handle those claims lol.
    And If the news isnt food enough. Claims just called me and it appears my car may not be totaled...
    No rollover damage, no air bag deployment which normally account for a big piece of the damage costs. A closer examination is required.
    Two things can happen-
    1. Car is totaled but takes too long to settle and I make another $600.00 payment on a lost car. Which is due in 19 days
    2. Car isn't totaled and I get back into an unsafe car, can't trade it in with it being so new I would be upside down in the financing....
    My luck has run out. I find it hard to think positive things at the moment.
    Would love to turn to my hobby of shooting but can't with the injuries.
    Sorry guys just venting.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    He wanted me to go to his doctor... I guess one on his payroll. If I do this I'm not going to change who I am and dishonest is not me.

Does not hurt to get a second opinion. You are not compromising your ethics by doing that. Certainly the attorney and doctor are in bed together but you can handle that after you get the results and see which way you are heading.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That sucks state farm is f$&@ing you with the med pay, I wouldnt give them a dime after what they did after Katrina. The only reason they're still in the state is so they can make back some of what they paid out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom