But officer, he looks just like a set of old rabbit ears for a television set

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Had I been a witness I would have had to describe the suspect as looking like a set of TV rabbit ears.

Eric Fletcher, 'Bowling Alley Bandit,' Arrested In Florida Robbery

18145918_BG1.jpg

Fort Myers Police have arrested one of three suspects in the April 30th armed robbery of a bowling alley on Fowler Street in Fort Myers.

Eric Fletcher is facing one count of robbery with a firearm, firing a weapon from a vehicle, three counts of assault and 61 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.

"I was excited when I heard it. I'm going to be more excited when I hear they've gotten the other two," said Pin Street at Fort Myers Bowling Alley manager Terry Leis.

She said that she has seen Fletcher before, adding that he may have checked out the place prior to the robbery.

"I think he's been in here, just as far as regular bowling," she said.

Police say that three masked men ran into Pin Street around 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 30th and told everyone to get on the ground and demanded money.

"What I called 'a little weasel' came over and weaved through the crowd, grabbed the money and out the door they went," said witness Carolyn Trump. "It was something you couldn't believe - like in a storybook which you'd see on television - not live."

She said the suspects got away with some money and even stole all the cash that was meant to be a payout for a bowling league.

Police say one of the suspects shot a round into the ceiling before they left in a gray car.

Witnesses who were at the bowling alley followed the suspects to the nearby Palm Vista Apartments on Central Avenue - right across the street from the NBC2 and ABC7 studios.

Police say the suspects fired three shots at the people following them, but no one was hurt.

As for the other two suspects, police say they have good leads and have an idea who they are.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/18145918/arrest-made-in-bowling-alley-shooting?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7162232

Last edited:

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    I suppose you might not be strapped while actually in the act of rolling, but a lot of the bowlers I know are borderline survivalist types and a lot of current/ex-military who prefer the company of like-minded individuals. A buddy of mine keeps a Keltec Sub2000 and 300rds in his bowling bag.

It shocks the **** out of me that 3 dudes robbed a bowling alley (especially in Florida) and any of them made it past the first lane without dying in a hail of gunfire from all directions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom