new mayan calendar found?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willb5678

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Supposedly the oldest ever Mayan calendar has been found in Guatemala and it goes way past 2012. Maybe ammo prices will go down and become more available now. win.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Supposedly the oldest ever Mayan calendar has been found in Guatemala and it goes way past 2012. Maybe ammo prices will go down and become more available now. win.

Did it have a seal on it that read "do not open unless we were wrong"? :dogkeke:

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    http://news.yahoo.com/nevermind-apocalypse-earliest-mayan-calendar-found-180438279.html
    the calendars are broken into 400 year increments. I love researching the mayan, aztecs, olmecs etc. I've been to dozens of different sites in the americas. Its great stuff that never gets old (no pun intended). There are a couple of really great books I just ordered, "Incidents of Travel in the Yucatan I & II" if you ever want to really dig into it. I highly recommend visiting the Yucatan at the very least if you ever want to just get a taste of our very close history. Theres nothing quite like the feel of exploring a thousand year old pyramid.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Maybe ammo prices will go down and become more available now. win.

Nah, the new fear will come from one of the following:

Terrorists at our doorstep (a la Hannity, et al).
    Iran said something again!
    Obama gets re-elected and is really truly going to take your guns this time. Really. We mean it.
    Romney wants Massachusetts-like gun control.

There's always a fear to prey on, my friend. Do not doubt the ability of the guys raking in the cash to be able to manufacture fear.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I never understood why people put any stock in what the Mayan's said . If they were so damned smart , why aren't they still around ?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I never understood why people put any stock in what the Mayan's said . If they were so damned smart , why aren't they still around ?

They're still around. Pretty sure I spotted 7 or 8 a while ago piled in the cab of a Ford pickup on Airline.....

Baa Dump Bump Tishhhhhh.....

:o:o:o (Lame)

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA

I think Dennis Miller said it best, "These people were still shitting outside and i'm supposed to believe they had a choke hold on the universe?"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Ahhh, The Internet.....:doh:

1326301703258705.jpg

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    http://news.yahoo.com/nevermind-apocalypse-earliest-mayan-calendar-found-180438279.html
    the calendars are broken into 400 year increments. I love researching the mayan, aztecs, olmecs etc. I've been to dozens of different sites in the americas. Its great stuff that never gets old (no pun intended). There are a couple of really great books I just ordered, "Incidents of Travel in the Yucatan I & II" if you ever want to really dig into it. I highly recommend visiting the Yucatan at the very least if you ever want to just get a taste of our very close history. Theres nothing quite like the feel of exploring a thousand year old pyramid.

I agree even tho the only ruins I've visited are a half hour drive south of Cancun.

Is there any astronomical significance to the orientation of the Mexican sites as there is for the Incas?
    :eh:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    it's amazing that a wicked group of people that are no longer around get respect and honor, but He who created the universe and what He says (according to it's purpose) gets ridiculed..

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

How about because the white man (Spanish conquistadors) came to America and brought their disease to the New World, that was after raping their females and stealing their Gold .................

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    it's amazing that a wicked group of people that are no longer around get respect and honor, but He who created the universe and what He says (according to it's purpose) gets ridiculed..

Dang, good food for thought right there.

But no, the evil Spaniards are the real evil people! We just didn't understand the Mayans...... My history book said so!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The Mayans DID not predict the end of the world its a simple crops calender on the phases of the moon, meaning when its OK to plant and when its not OK to plant crops.

It goes on cycles as mentioned before, it is based on things that happened before them, during their time and they figured that the "time" would continue to work on the same cycle so the phases of the moon would be the same regardless of the year as long as it followed the "protocol".

The new calender goes up all the way to year 7,000 IIRC, my father has a good friend who worked at the Archeological Institute of America and who was the Head of the Archeological program at the National University (Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala) which happens to be the oldest one in Latin America and one of the first ones to be founded, I will send him an email and try to get more "realistic" info on what they found and not the water down version the news are getting.

My "passion" as a kid was to grow up to be an Archeologist up until I realized it was low paid and unless you had funds from the US or Europe you would be starving to death, I visited most of the Mayan Ruins in Guatemala, specially the ones closer to Zacapa and Coban.

The expedition was founded by a University from New York IIRC.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom