Stand Your Ground denied

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    At first glance, I don't think this is right. The judge decided that by returning to the house, Ms Alexander showed she was not in fear for her life -- but it appears that she had no choice but to re-enter the house. Alexander had said that her husband had physically abused her, and she testified that she fled into a garage and got a gun, but was unable to leave the home because the garage door was stuck. She testified that she went back into the house, where Gray was with his two sons, and fired a warning shot. Prosecuter argued that Stand Your Law did not apply because Alexander acted in anger -- maybe an omen that SYG will be harder to claim?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ng-shot-after-stand-your-ground-defense-fails

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yikes...as one of the commenters stated, the issue was the warning shot. Dead witnesses/suspects can't say sh**, as made clear in Bad Boys II.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i look at the warning shot in this case differently... she obviously didn't want to kill anybody, but she wanted to leave the house unassaulted

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I suspect that there is more to this story, just like there was on the Martin/Zimmerman one...I'm pretty hesitant to believe much that comes out of the media... especially msnbc.

I also remember reading that it only took the jury 15 minutes to convict. IANAL, but that seems pretty quick to me.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yikes...as one of the commenters stated, the issue was the warning shot. Dead witnesses/suspects can't say sh**, as made clear in Bad Boys II.

Yeah, but 3 fast-moving targets can be tough. Maybe the kids were more agile than she suspected?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Why didn't she shoot the husband if she feared him, AND had probable evidence that he was abusive?

Because she is a she and women are very emotional and tend to be less logical, as a whole. I'm sure it never crossed her mind that she might actually HAVE to blow him full of bloody holes--or suffer the same herself--in front of the kids if her little bluff got called.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    She fired the warning shot over the heads of her husband and the two kids. Also she was offered a plea of 3 years, declined, and was convicted in 12 minutes. Seems to me like we aren't getting the whole story, and she was pretty damn guilty to be convicted that fast.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom