Carroll Shelby dead....RIP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Ditto on previous comments, he put it to the Europeans in the late 60's and put the American sportscar racing hat in the ring, he will be missed!

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Damn...what a bad day. Does anyone remember the original american supercars?

carroll_shelby_2_cobras.jpg

carroll-shelby-ford-gt401.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Never met the man but he has done plenty in the automotive world and in the world of being generous..Been to plenty of Shelby Meets and had a Everett-Morrison Cobra and you just have to admire what he did for American Muscle car enthusiasts and road racers alike....:(

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...er-master-car-builder-dies-age-200041629.html

He will be missed by fans and the industry alike. He was a real earth-mover in the sports and muscle-car world. A lot of people only equate him with Ford, but he was also one of the designers behind the Viper, among others. I really like the guys mindset. He tried to get Ford to pony up and put IRS under the mustang decades ago. They never did it, except in select models. I love how he took a retro concept and made it viable (big displacement pushrod engine, lightweight chassis w/IRS like the Viper).

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Damn...what a bad day. Does anyone remember the original american supercars?

carroll_shelby_2_cobras.jpg

carroll-shelby-ford-gt401.jpg

I got to see some original GT40s at Road Atlanta. The GT40, Ferrari and Porsches of that time are just epic in my memory.

I did get to meet Dan Gurney for a brief moment at another event. At the time I wasn't even thinking of his time in the GT40's. There is a pic of him that is classic. ( Well a few actually) This one is of home in a Cobra Daytona Coupe.
    http://www.arteauto.com/dangurneylemansfrance1965largeperiodphotographbyjalexander.aspx

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Bummer! Being a car nut, this hits me pretty hard...dude was like a king in the automotive world. Definitely will be missed.:(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom