FS a hand made cusyom camp sword! (or really big knife lol) PRICE REDUCTION

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    This swaord/knife was made to be between a machete and a knife. Its big enough to tear thru wood and brush yet still agile enough and sharp enough to be used as a knife when needed. Here are some specs

Steel 3/16" thick 1095 that was heat treated and triple tempered by me in my even heat heat treating oven
    length = 12" blade and 5 1/2" handle
    handle material - G10 with stainless steel pins
    sheath - red oak and leather

I left a big piece of the leather on the back for people who would like to attach a molle vest attachment like http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_56_410&products_id=284

Price 100$ shipped with insurance

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Chopping test - cut thru a 2x4 and be able to shave arm hair afterwards (this is a part of the junior and master smith test they use for the ABS - american bladesmith society)

IMG_0646.jpg

No chipping or cracking after whacking the 2x 4 in half

IMG_0647.jpg

and it still shaves!

IMG_0648.jpg

:D

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    As I was reading the text about the picture of the chopped wood I was thinking man he better have a picture of a shaved arm! Bravo cause I was pleasantly surprised.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Yeah of course id post a pic! LOL I put a lot of pressure on myself to always make a knife better then the last and I always seem to take the harder and more complicated choices. The challenge in this one was tempering the spine so it was springy enough not to crack when chopping and whacking away yet still have the edge hard enough to take a nice edge and hold it all the while having a light and nimble feel. This thing was made with ruggedness in m ind and meant to be used HARD! Thats why the g10 handles and stainless steel pins. The sheath was even thought of and made really sturdy. That is some super thick leather (9-10 oz) that should also last! I really like the idea of my knives outlasting me or the person that bought it. A simple wipe down with any kind of oil or wd-40 after a camping trip and you are good!

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Yesterday i was going over the cost of materials and realized at first I was gonna use a nice piece of redwood burl for the handle and later changed it so this thing would be super water/destruction proof to the g10 handle which is alot cheaper then real nice stabalized wood. The price should have been 100$ shipped with insurance. So sorry

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I wish you did Ka-Bar style knives. I need a good/rugged/ugly sheath knife that has a strong blade. No fancy handles needed either, just wrap in leather or rope.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    I wish you did Ka-Bar style knives. I need a good/rugged/ugly sheath knife that has a strong blade. No fancy handles needed either, just wrap in leather or rope.
    I can do other styles. Ive done everything from bowies to traditional japanese tantos to skinners. Thats the fun part to me. Only limited by my imagination and skills.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    If it wasnt for that damned wooden sheath, id be all over this. Good luck with the sale. I CANT BELIEVE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!!
    Yeah it isnt everyones cup of tea but I like the idea of this thing being super rugged and even being thrown in the back of someones jeep etc and no real worries. I might do another down the road with a more elaborate handle and sheath

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    This is probably sold but do you still make knives by chance? I'm looking for someone local

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    For sure! If anyone has dealt with him or knows if he still makes knives I'd be interested in having some items made

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom