Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

FS a hand made cusyom camp sword! (or really big knife lol) PRICE REDUCTION

This swaord/knife was made to be between a machete and a knife. Its big enough to tear thru wood and brush yet still agile enough and sharp enough to be used as a knife when needed. Here are some specs

Steel 3/16" thick 1095 that was heat treated and triple tempered by me in my even heat heat treating oven
    length = 12" blade and 5 1/2" handle
    handle material - G10 with stainless steel pins
    sheath - red oak and leather

I left a big piece of the leather on the back for people who would like to attach a molle vest attachment like http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...roducts_id=284

Price 100$ shipped with insurance

Chopping test - cut thru a 2x4 and be able to shave arm hair afterwards (this is a part of the junior and master smith test they use for the ABS - american bladesmith society)

No chipping or cracking after whacking the 2x 4 in half

and it still shaves!

Last edited by cbr900son; May 14th, 2012 at 04:21 AM.

Sugarbug don't care.

User Info Menu

Turned out great!

The sheath is a very nice touch.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

As I was reading the text about the picture of the chopped wood I was thinking man he better have a picture of a shaved arm! Bravo cause I was pleasantly surprised.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah of course id post a pic! LOL I put a lot of pressure on myself to always make a knife better then the last and I always seem to take the harder and more complicated choices. The challenge in this one was tempering the spine so it was springy enough not to crack when chopping and whacking away yet still have the edge hard enough to take a nice edge and hold it all the while having a light and nimble feel. This thing was made with ruggedness in m ind and meant to be used HARD! Thats why the g10 handles and stainless steel pins. The sheath was even thought of and made really sturdy. That is some super thick leather (9-10 oz) that should also last! I really like the idea of my knives outlasting me or the person that bought it. A simple wipe down with any kind of oil or wd-40 after a camping trip and you are good!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Awesume blade,,,, I have to hit you up later when I have more funds avaliable and get me one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yesterday i was going over the cost of materials and realized at first I was gonna use a nice piece of redwood burl for the handle and later changed it so this thing would be super water/destruction proof to the g10 handle which is alot cheaper then real nice stabalized wood. The price should have been 100$ shipped with insurance. So sorry

Marksman

User Info Menu

If it wasnt for that damned wooden sheath, id be all over this. Good luck with the sale. I CANT BELIEVE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!!

"I had to shot a guy. It was hem or me."

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!

User Info Menu

I wish you did Ka-Bar style knives. I need a good/rugged/ugly sheath knife that has a strong blade. No fancy handles needed either, just wrap in leather or rope.
    Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    Two hispanics jump out the truck. One of them looks at me- his eyes are wide and starts screaming 'fuego! fuego!'.
    Quote Originally Posted by tunatuk View Post
    You make as much sense as a box full of $2 sandwich batteries.
    I survived the banhammer - 2011

WANT TO BUY:
    M1919 Parts Kit
    Colt Python
    Colt "Vest Pocket" 1908 .25ACP
    Ruger Vaquero and .44 Carbine
    High Standard Victor
    Mosin Nagant (The uglier the better)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw22 View Post
    I wish you did Ka-Bar style knives. I need a good/rugged/ugly sheath knife that has a strong blade. No fancy handles needed either, just wrap in leather or rope.
    I can do other styles. Ive done everything from bowies to traditional japanese tantos to skinners. Thats the fun part to me. Only limited by my imagination and skills.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alpinehyperlite View Post
    If it wasnt for that damned wooden sheath, id be all over this. Good luck with the sale. I CANT BELIEVE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!!
    Yeah it isnt everyones cup of tea but I like the idea of this thing being super rugged and even being thrown in the back of someones jeep etc and no real worries. I might do another down the road with a more elaborate handle and sheath