What's your opinion on a aug???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Looking at a aug rifle and want to know what do y'all think of them and how they handle and operate

I think that an AR is a better choice, if only because they both do roughly the same thing and one you can easily buy parts for and stock up on, and one you can't.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    So what. Everybody and their brother has an AR but how many can say they own a Steyr AUG. That's reason enough to own one, that and this...

Steyr_AUG_A3.jpg

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    The AUG is undoubtedly cool. Every action movie from the 80's features one. This doesnt mean they are practical. Try shooting ambi with a AUG.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Looking at a aug rifle and want to know what do y'all think of them and how they handle and operate

The only one I've fired was full auto so I've never shot for accuracy. I loved the size and handling of it. The full auto selection was weird as it is a staged trigger. You just pull further for full auto instead of a selector.

The gun felt odd when you fire it as the bolt moves in the stock next to your cheek. Kind of like the AR buffer but more noticeable to me.

I say if you have the money and want one buy it. As far as parts how much will you shoot it? While I worry about parts for my pistols because I shoot 1000 rounds a month, my rifles get fired maybe 500-1000 rounds a year. I don't have to replace a whole lot with them because I just don't put that much use on them.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    The Australian Army guys I worked with in Iraq were issued the Aug, but preferred the M16, mentioned the longer barrel/sight radius. I never shot their Augs, but handled them and liked the compact feel.

Top Bottom