Homeowner shoots intruder: "It came down to either me or him"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - A jealous ex-boyfriend broke into the Newman Lake home of his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend early Sunday morning and was shot and killed by the homeowner.

Spokane County Sheriff deputies say a Honeymoon Bay homeowner was acting in self defense when he shot the armed intruder, identified late Monday afternoon by the Spokane County Medical Examiner as 43-year-old Sean M. Parsons.

Parsons had been served a no-contact several hours prior to the shooting, but that didn't stop him from taking a shotgun and a pistol to Doug Snarski's Honeymoon Bay home to confront his ex-girlfriend and Snarski

Early Sunday morning around 1 a.m. Parsons slipped into the couple's home, when he started calling out to the couple.

"All of a sudden we heard his voice down here saying 'Where are you? Come out' and that's when she said that's him. She recognized his voice," Snarski said.

So he grabbed his revolved and stood at the top of the stairs while Parsons detailed his intentions to kill him and his girlfriend.

"He goes 'Nobody's getting out of here alive. I got 24 rounds for my shotgun, I plan using them all,'" he said.

At that point 911 dispatchers were on the phone - Snarski had already dialed them - and listening as he tried to defuse the situation.

"I'm trying to talk him down, just leave, don't worry about it, it'll be OK but he was on a mission to kill," he said.

At that point Parsons fired a pair of shotgun blasts at Snarski, peppering the top of the stairwell with buckshot. Snarski decided he'd hold his fire unless the gunman tried to reach the second floor.

"I just laid on the ground around the corner and watched his shadow come up with the lights and as soon as I knew he had hit that last step I just pointed up and let him have it," he said.

It was the first time Snarski ever fired his revolver.

Parsons was shot and killed; the spot where he fell now marked by black plastic which covers the spot where the man bled to death.

Snarski took no pleasure in the shooting, but the damage to rounds of buckshot fired at his bathroom door is a grim reminder of what could have happened if he hadn't defended him and his girlfriend.

"Like I said I played it right to the end. I tried to talk him down. I mean nobody wants to kill anybody but it came down to either me or him," he said.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/Homeowner-shoots-intruder-It-came-down-to-either-me-or-him/-/101214/13387596/-/2dfo8az/-/

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Wait...he did this w/o a BUG ...or xtra mags, tacticle vest , night sights...NO...that's just way out of order. :D

Good on ya HO...hope the DA doesn't turn up recordings of the GF telling her X she was being held captive.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    the spot where he fell now marked by black plastic which covers the spot where the man bled to death.

I wonder if there's still a special going on?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Good on the home owner!

I have heard a lot of police say that people who never shoot usually hit the target the first time. There is no flinch response, and if they have a steady hand it just goes where they point it. Bang-dead.

In fact, my Dad's GF did the same thing. At about 20 feet, she put a round of 357SIG 1" from the bulls-eye, first shot, after I coached her for 15 minutes and encouraged her to dry-fire my P226 while correcting minute things each time she presented and "fired". Nothing was on her conscious--or subconscious except lining up the shot and holding the pistol correctly. It was the first pistol she has fired in over 50 years of living.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Seems like the HO did everything perfect -- 911 on line so they heard (and recorded), retreat to a point of safety, let the perp come to him. The buckshot in the wall just adds to the justification.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Seems like the HO did everything perfect -- 911 on line so they heard (and recorded), retreat to a point of safety, let the perp come to him. The buckshot in the wall just adds to the justification.

+1, if you HAVE to do something like that, the HO did it the best possible way.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I disagree about the fistfight, first strike wins about 80 % of the time there's no nobility in losing,....

True.
    Tall-guy-KO-punched-timber.gif

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    True, I suppose all the publicity lately has a lot of us a little trigger shy. Here, the BG was legal game when he booted the door. Maybe before.

I know, and if some intruder kicked in my door with me inside 99% sure I'd put him down as soon as physically possible regardless, BUT, I'll admit there's a 1% chance I'd hesitate cause it might be a drunk friend/ brother playing a prank or whatever else (anything else that would be a regret)
    If, however, someone kicks in your door and shouts "I'm coming to kill you and I've got a gun!" you'd have to be very stupid not to fill the hallway with fire (exaggeration, but you get my meaning)

Top Bottom