Look to buy a Full blood lab puppy.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Looking to buy a full blood lab puppy for my home. Not sure where to start or how much one should run. I am not looking to making the dog a bird dog or anything special just a good family pet. Anyone have any ideas where to start and what price ranges i should be looking at?

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Check on la sportsman. They usually have a few for sale around $400-$500. To be safe make sure you can get a good look at the mother and the father and look for developmental problems. Ask for papers too... Good luck!

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    If its to be "just a pet" you have all manner of options. Take a pick, literally.

Well looking for something like my dog ninja. He is a mutt feist and lab mix. Best dog I have ever owned but the wife would like a second puppy for the home. If i could clone him I could clone him i would but I think the next best thing would be a lab pup.

I'll be checking La sportsman now :) thanks for the heads up.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am not looking to making the dog a bird dog or anything special just a good family pet. Anyone have any ideas where to start and what price ranges i should be looking at?

Pet adoption. Many are free, the ones that come from pet rescue groups are around $120, incl. all shots and neutering, and you're saving a life. There are countless dogs being put down each week because they can't find a home. Look at Craigslist:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/pet/

Emma:

402424046.jpg

came from YELP http://www.yelpbr.com/yelpbr20/index.php

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The only way to guarantee 'Full Blood' is to buy a Registered Lab.
    The only way to stack the deck in your favor as for as the health of the pup is to buy from a breeder in which the parents of the litter have been through their Health Certifications.
    And no this doesn't mean taking the breeders word for it. Dogs with health Certs have certificates and profile #'s that guarantees it.
    Breeders with Clear health dogs are HAPPY to show those papers.

Example - http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/puppy.asp?id=1229
    All the blue writing you see under the registered name of each dog is Health Certifications.

Anyway if the dog is going to be a companion only, there's no need to get a pup with a Heavy pedigree of champions.

If you're just looking for another pet, I too recommend looking for a rescue.

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Just an update. I found a full lab pup. He is 6 months old and i bought him from his owner that is going back to the sandbox. I'll post pics up tonight i think i got really lucky owner had akc papers on him shot records and all. Not to mention he is already house broken (huge bonus for me) also knows a few tricks.

So I am proud of this guy and feel good knowing I am giving the dog a good home and the owner knows it :). I tried to see if he wanted me to just watch after him while he is gone and he said he didn't want that. Which is good i guess since my wife seems to already be in love with this pudding head...

I'll get pics up tonight for certain just been so busy and wanting to post pictures of other things as well.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Just an update. I found a full lab pup. He is 6 months old and i bought him from his owner that is going back to the sandbox. I'll post pics up tonight i think i got really lucky owner had akc papers on him shot records and all. Not to mention he is already house broken (huge bonus for me) also knows a few tricks.

So I am proud of this guy and feel good knowing I am giving the dog a good home and the owner knows it :). I tried to see if he wanted me to just watch after him while he is gone and he said he didn't want that. Which is good i guess since my wife seems to already be in love with this pudding head...

I'll get pics up tonight for certain just been so busy and wanting to post pictures of other things as well.

Happiness is a new puppy...nuttn better

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Yup just need to teach him some leash and house etiquette. Never trained a older pup before but he seemed to pick up some of the leash training rather quick on this mornings walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom