Drunk boater hits Game Warden

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wonder if it ended up like this? :mamoru:

no_brakes2.jpg

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    What a dumb ass...3rd time at that??? I good friend of mine got hurt in the Diversion a few years ago due to some drunk ass hitting their boat....lost a little over half a year of work and multiple surgeries to boot. I have no sympathy for people like that...I'd be curious as to what kind of craft it was too....

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Two reasons I gave the water up years ago

The water cops are way over amped, maybe b/c there's so many nuts on the river these days.

We always drank beer and played on the river, but there was 20 boats seen in a whole day then. Now you can walk on boats and worse yet jet skis .

Leave me outta water sports.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    I know the warden personally. He is a damned good guy.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

The water cops are way over amped, maybe b/c there's so many nuts on the river these days.

We always drank beer and played on the river,
    but there was 20 boats seen in a whole day then. Now you can walk on boats and worse yet jet skis .

THAT is exactly why the water cops are up in everybody's faces.

I witnessed a good friend in a very serious boating accident two weeks ago. From start to finish every single officer before we launched at the dock, on scene, and at the hospital were helpful, understanding, polite and professional.

The reason?

We're not hot dogging it out there.
    We're not drag boat racing.
    We're not drinking.
    We're away from people.
    We're not running several boats at once.
    We're all in Lifeline racing gear rated for high performance and high speeds.

As a result of our accident, the Wildlife and Fisheries gave the "Spanky" individual of our group his personal phone number and several other phone numbers and instructions how to have our next boat rally sanctioned with an officer on site who will close the river against traffic for short time periods in order for our boats to run their speeds. He also indicated that a heads up will be given to the emergency responders for our area in the event of another emergency.

I have NOTHING but the best to say about the entire Bossier and Caddo parish authorities in the manner they've handled our situation. There were over twenty boats and none of us were harassed or ticketed. In fact the officers at launch said they wished they could join us, it looked fun.

We operate safely. We leave the beer on dock. Period.

The only time we have been harassed in the state of Louisiana was on a small lake outside of Ferriday where the residents complained and created an issue. Rivers have never given us any problems.

Like I said, these guys are up in everybody's faces because of the number of stupid accidents relating to drinking. We were an organization that came in, and the officers were friendly with us because we slowed down and chatted as we were at the ramp. But we know we're always subject to be pulled over and questioned because that's what they have to deal with every single damned weekend. Give 'em credit. If they're an *******, it's because the common public created the attitude.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I know the warden personally. He is a damned good guy.

I hope he's not injured. Every LDWF guy I've met on the water has been absolutely great.

I remember when they were checking boats for number of life jackets per person. We overheard one of them tell the other that there was no reason to check us, even the dog had a jacket on.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I had a buddy get a dui maybe ten years ago on the water, he had two other (drunk) guys in the boat, he got my buddy to drive his boat so he could fill out paper work!
    I thought that was crazy, I guess it was ok under his supervision haha

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Dunno if true or not, but I heard a Game Warden has a lot more "power" than the average police officer/state trooper/sheriff.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge

We always drank beer and played on the river, but there was 20 boats seen in a whole day then. Now you can walk on boats and worse yet jet skis .

If I'm not on or in the water fishing....or hunting over it...I have NO USE FOR IT.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    THAT is exactly why the water cops are up in everybody's faces.

I witnessed a good friend in a very serious boating accident two weeks ago. From start to finish every single officer before we launched at the dock, on scene, and at the hospital were helpful, understanding, polite and professional.

The reason?

We're not hot dogging it out there.
    We're not drag boat racing.
    We're not drinking.
    We're away from people.
    We're not running several boats at once.
    We're all in Lifeline racing gear rated for high performance and high speeds.

As a result of our accident, the Wildlife and Fisheries gave the "Spanky" individual of our group his personal phone number and several other phone numbers and instructions how to have our next boat rally sanctioned with an officer on site who will close the river against traffic for short time periods in order for our boats to run their speeds. He also indicated that a heads up will be given to the emergency responders for our area in the event of another emergency.

I have NOTHING but the best to say about the entire Bossier and Caddo parish authorities in the manner they've handled our situation. There were over twenty boats and none of us were harassed or ticketed. In fact the officers at launch said they wished they could join us, it looked fun.

We operate safely. We leave the beer on dock. Period.

The only time we have been harassed in the state of Louisiana was on a small lake outside of Ferriday where the residents complained and created an issue. Rivers have never given us any problems.

Like I said, these guys are up in everybody's faces because of the number of stupid accidents relating to drinking. We were an organization that came in, and the officers were friendly with us because we slowed down and chatted as we were at the ramp. But we know we're always subject to be pulled over and questioned because that's what they have to deal with every single damned weekend. Give 'em credit. If they're an *******, it's because the common public created the attitude.

Times are different fo reel.

Some age difference ...not to mention I border on anti social. and especially with loud river drunks.

Good on the ones trying to make things better...all the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom