cordless impact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    Im looking to buy a cordless impact, being that they are expensive i would like to see which one to buy,

Ive seen many from snap on , dewalt, Milwaukee, ir, and a few other.

I know snap on is good with hand tools but their pneumatic impact is **** compared to ir titanium. So what im getting at... anyone have experience with more than one of these that can give me some input or possibly even know someone that has one to sell.

also if anyone works on 18 wheelers or big stuff i have a snap on "bat" breaker bar in 1"

i didnt know where to post this if its not in the right section can you please move it for me.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    We have had 2. A John Deere, that was won in a raffel, made by Whothehellknows but it was actually decent.
    Now the Milwaukee on the other hand is the ****!

Edit: JD 14.4v Mil 18v

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My coworkers and I use them extensively at work. I personally use the Makita LXT 18V, and a couple guys use the Dewalt 18V. Both are solid. My Makita drills and impact have been going strong for 6 years now with heavy daily use. The Dewalts are just as rugged, but I prefer the design and ergonomics of the Makitas.

Whatever you do, buy them from eBay. I've ordered several drill sets and saved hundreds of dollars over even online retail prices. I stick with well verified sellers and have never had a problem, just make sure they send a legitimate receipt/invoice for warranty purposes. They'll typically mention it in the ad.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    My coworkers and I use them extensively at work. I personally use the Makita LXT 18V, and a couple guys use the Dewalt 18V. Both are solid. My Makita drills and impact have been going strong for 6 years now with heavy daily use. The Dewalts are just as rugged, but I prefer the design and ergonomics of the Makitas.

Whatever you do, buy them from eBay. I've ordered several drill sets and saved hundreds of dollars over even online retail prices. I stick with well verified sellers and have never had a problem, just make sure they send a legitimate receipt/invoice for warranty purposes. They'll typically mention it in the ad.

this is the type of info i was looking for. Just need to sell my breaker bar now to help fund the purchase

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    My research with the local mechanics that I know led to snap on or ingersol rand lithium. These are the 1/2 drive impacts used for removing lug nuts, etc. The 1/4 hex drive impacts for driving screws are another story, and do not output as much power as the 1/2" square drive models. The IR is a lot cheaper than the snap on, so that would be my choice.

mike84z28

Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    For cordless Dewalt has been very good to me. Batteries seem to last longer than others. Bought a 1/2" cordless in 2006 and it's been thru hell and still works great.

Tweek

Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    I have a 20v max dewalt 3/8 that i use all the time and love it, plan on getting 1/2 when the bank account allows. Couple mechanic friends use 20v mac (rebranded dewalt) daily and have never had an issue.

simplepeddler

Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    We sell both Dewalt and Milwaulkee

Milwaulkee by far is what is perferred......Dewalt is owned by Black and Decker and has for quite a while now. I think it is fine for joe homeowner, but.......for the abuse our customers give tools, Milwaulkee is the deal.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom