Fishing scammer on LA Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Here is the email exchange, including my standard response. Most fishing scams are international, mainly from north africa and the Asia, including the middle east.

I'm not stupid. I'm a police officer. This is a FEDERAL CRIME as it involves a fire arm. I will be contacting the local FBI and ATF offices in New Orleans and forwarding all of these emails for investigation.

GO **** YOURSELF. How that English. I hope a CIA drone drops a hellfire on your family. I don't want your fake Al Qaida money order for $5000 over the selling price so I can get ****ed in your scam. Allah and Mohammed are a bunch or ass ****ing homosexuals and your mother has sex with goats.

Find some other stupid American to **** over cause this ain't the one.

Semper Fi, ****-face. ( that's US Marine for **** YOU)

Sent from my Iphone

On May 17, 2012, at 16:44, Dennis Mark <dennismarknov@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Seller,
    Thanks for your swift message, I'm really sorry for my late response towards this message, I'm Okay with the condition and price. I will add extra $20 to your asking price to ensure the sale is complete, I'm here to let you know, that I cannot afford to loose this ' Remington 750 carbine in 308 with 3 mags ' ($500.00), I want to be the new owner, Please Consider it SOLD Already to me, and do not sell it to another person.

I have a Local Collectors Agency who will be coming for pickup from you, without giving you any problem, they will be coming to your location for the pick up from you, I will be sending you a Instant Cash Via United State Post Money Order, via USPS Post Office Service and when you get it clears into your account, then my Local Collectors Agency will come and pick up the Item from you. I am so sorry that I'm unable to come and take a look at this Item, it was due to the status of my work and my location is very far, but am sure it is in good condition as you have claimed.

Send me your details for the Payment below such as:
    Your Full Name on the Payment#
    Your Full Contact Address#
    Your Postal Code#
    Your State/City #
    Total Selling Price#
    Your Home Phone Num#
    Your Office Phone Num#
    Please get back to me with the requested details so that the payment can be send to you as soon as possible, I await your reply soon.
    Best Regards.

NB: I could have love to call you on your contact phone number, but It hard for me to pick words, kindly text me on my phone number 213-632-8977 and I will reply back immediately...

--- On Wed, 5/16 me @charter.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: I\'m interested in this advert
    To: "Dennis Mark" <dennismarknov@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 12:25 PM

I have a Remington 750 carbine in 308 with 3 mags for $500. That's all for now.

Sent from my Iphone

On May 16, 2012, at 4:10, Dennis Mark <dennismarknov@yahoo.com> wrote:

what else do you have for sale???

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, I wrote:

Subject: Re: I\'m interested in this advert
    To: "dennismarknov@yahoo.com" <dennismarknov@yahoo.com>
    Date: Friday, May 11, 2012, 9:47 PM

It's sold. Sorry

Sent from my Iphone

On May 11, 2012, at 15:42, dennismarknov@yahoo.com wrote:

Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds

Dear ta2d_cop,
    Dennismarknov has requested the following message to be sent to you regarding your ad: SUPER ELITE 3 TURKEY VEST 0

Hello Seller,I come across your advert and I'm interested in this item, rnWhat is your Last Selling Price?rnWhat is the present condition?rnif any pics available ?rnwrite back to me on my email, frankmcneil21@yahoo.com

Copyright © 2012, Louisiana Sportsman

Via Taptalk- OUT!

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    I have been getting the same emails. I just deleted them. I never responded. He asked a question for every item that I had for sale on the Sportsman site.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I got the same thing, from an item that was listed in December.

A buddy is selling a truck and had them overnight 3 fake m/O's to a bad address just to cost them money.

Idiots

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There are a few sites dedicated to screwing with these people. I once recieved a $40,000 check for a toy car that I posted on facebook, but described as an unreal normal car, and mentioned in the ad that i was baiting scammers. I've taken every check to the bank to be verified, and they almost always are. Then I explain to them why I want it verified, they call the issueing bank and notify them of the stolen/washed check and I usually make a courtesy call to the business that is listed on the check.

It's amazing some of the things people get the scammers to do, on camera.

13f3p

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    madisonville, la.
    Hello,

I am Mr. Tarsam Hayre the Assistant Director Inspection Unit/United Nations Inspection Agent in Harts-field Atlanta International Airport Georgia USA. During my recent withheld package routine check at the Airport Storage Vault, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from London and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in two Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 25kg each. The consignment was abandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as "MONEY" rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges which is about $3,800 USD.

On my assumption, each of the boxes will contain more than $1 Million to $1.5 Million each and the consignment is still left in our Storage House here at the Harts-field Atlanta International Airport Georgia till date. The details of the consignment including your name, your email address and the official document from the United Nations office in Geneva are tagged on the Metal Trunk boxes.

However, to enable me confirm if you are the actual recipient of this consignment as the assistant director of the Inspection Unit, I will advise you provide your current Phone Number and Full Address, to enable me cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official documents including the name of nearest Airport around your city. Please note that this consignment is supposed to have been returned to the United States Treasury Department as unclaimed delivery due to the delays in concluding the clearance processes so as a result of this, I will not be able to receive your details on my official email account. So in order words to enable me cross check your details, I will advise you send the required details to my private email address which is ( hayremrtarsam@yahoo.com.my) for quick processing and response. Once I confirm you as the actual recipient of the trunk boxes, I can get everything concluded within 3-6 hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery.

Lastly, be informed that the reason I have taken it upon myself to contact you personally about this abandoned consignment is because I want us to transact this business and share the money equally since the consignment has not yet been returned to the United States Treasury Department after being abandoned by the diplomat so immediately the confirmation is made, I will pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee and arrange for the boxes to be delivered to your doorstep Or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble. But I will share it 70%/30% with you. But you have to assure me of my 30% share.

I am on inspection just email me and make sure you include your mobile number so that I can give you a call. I wait to hear from you urgently if you are still alive.

Mr. Tarsam Hayre
    Assistance Inspection Director
    Harts-field Atlanta International Airport
    574 Airport South Pkwy
    Atlanta, GA 30349-8642
    Private Email: hayremrtarsam@yahoo.com.my

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    The sad part is, is that people have to fall for this $hit or they wouldn't keep doing it. I've had several emails like this and sometimes I return an email but I'm always nervous that they will send some kind of virus to my computer. So now I just delete them.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Maybe we should just call it a dumbass trap!?! I get them constantly and that has become my regular response. Then I send them on to a fed friend who does cybercrime stuff to add to his box of never ending international PHISHING scams to investigate.

I like the idea of sending them ****. That is a fun project for my dogs from here on out and well worth the cost of a few stamps.

Via Taptalk- OUT!

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I think "your mother has sex with pigs" would have been a little more appropriate with him being Muslim and all. Hahahalololohhhaaa

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I haven't made a hobby of scambaiting or anything, but I did have a guy going for a while once. He tried to bait me with some BS story about being in the Air Force, I messed around with him making up fake stories about military activity in Cuba and had him confirm that he works at a bogus Air Force base. Anyway after I told him I knew he was a scammer, he started messaging me on gmail chat to be his "pick up agent"...middle man in the states:

12:12 PM reric96: hey
    12:13 PM if you want me to pay you 3300
    you will pay the pick up agent
    12:14 PM me: I'm not paying the pickup agent anything.
    reric96: i will add the money for you in paypal
    12:15 PM me: OK, so you're going to send the payment to me through paypal before the truck is picked up?
    reric96: yes]
    12:17 PM me: OK, I'll have to verify a few things first...luckily my wife works at a credit institution. What's your date of birth and last four of Social Security?
    reric96: i wont give you
    are you trying to scam me
    12:18 PM me: Oh my goodness, why would anyone ever scam someone?
    reric96: how do you mean
    12:19 PM me: I can't do anything with the last four of your social...that's missing five digits which leaves 10 thousand possible other combinations I'd have to sift through to even get your full social security number
    reric96: okay
    me: So you're at Southern Air Force Base?
    12:20 PM reric96: i will like you ti get back to me with your paypal so i can make the fund
    12:21 PM cos i will be busy from tomorrow so let make the transaction fast
    12:22 PM me: The local guy just offered $34,000 for it. Can you do $35,000?
    reric96: no
    i can offer you 33000
    12:23 PM me: Aw shucks. You can get a new one for $33,000 why don't you just do thats and avoid all the hassle and having it shipped?
    reric96: hey
    12:24 PM this is looking like something else
    12:25 PM me: What do you mean? I'm just trying to get the most for my truck If the guys here is offereing $34000 and you can't beat it, I'm just suggesting you look for cars locally over there to avoid having the pay the shipping costs and such
    reric96: am going to offer you that price
    12:26 PM get back to me with your PayPal and your home address for the pick up agent so will can make things rolling
    12:27 PM me: You'll pay $35000?
    12:28 PM reric96: yap
    me: OK, what is the pickup agent's name?
    reric96: The company name is auto shipper
    12:29 PM me: Do they accept credit cards when they pick up?
    12:31 PM they accept WESTERN UNION
    me: How does western union work?
    12:32 PM reric96: YOU WILL SEND THE MONEY TO THE PICK UP AGENT
    12:33 PM me: Well I need some more information about the pickup agent, are they going to call me before? do they expect payment before or after they pick up?
    12:35 PM reric96: YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND YOUR HOME ADDRESS TO ME FOR THE PICK UP AGENT
    12:37 PM me: Will they accept payment before or after pickup? I just want to be sure everything is kosher before I give out my home address. I have a family, you understand?
    reric96: Yes
    12:39 PM me: So, walk me through this. You will send money to my paypal account in the amount of $39000. The pick up agent will come to my house and pick up the SUV and I'll pay them $4000 for shipping through western union and you'll get the truck a few days later?
    12:42 PM reric96: yes am going to put 39000 through to your paypal account and you will send 4000 to pick up agent
    12:43 PM me: I'm not familiar with pick up agents, do they require tips? Should I give him an extra $500 or something?

7 minutes

12:50 PM me: ?
    12:51 PM reric96: yap
    me: will that be enough? How much?
    12:55 PM OK, I've never sent an invoice. My paypal is jarwoo1@yahoo.com. Let me know when you've sent the money?
    12:56 PM reric96: send me your home address for the pick up agent

7 minutes

1:03 PM me: I have a wife and child at home, I'd prefer to know you're serious before I give my address

13 minutes

1:17 PM me: my address is 32567 muberry lane, lafayette, LA 60968
    1:18 PM When should I expect the pick up agent?
    reric96: i will let you know as soon as i make the payment
    1:20 PM me: what currency are you paying with?

15 minutes

1:35 PM me: What time is it there?
    1:37 PM reric96: i will be paying you with US dollars
    me: OK, do you have you time?
    1:40 PM ?
    1:45 PM reric96: are you sure you gonna do this
    me: absolutely! I've waiting to get this piece of jusnk off my hands for years!

15 minutes

2:01 PM me: has the payment been sent?
    2:02 PM i want to assure if you will able to send the4000
    2:03 PM me: wouldn't you be more interested in assuring you get the truck. What measures are you taking to verify my address?
    reric96: OKAY I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT
    2:04 PM me: OKAY
    2:08 PM MONEYMONEYMONEY
    That's all you want
    you forget you're buying a truck!
    2:10 PM reric96: okay as soon as i make the payment i will have the truck and what is the condition
    me: well you wont have the truck until it gets delivered, but I'm not letting it leave my house until I'm paid.
    2:11 PM reric96: okay
    2:12 PM me: MONEYMONEYMONEY
    AH, work is so boring. What do you do for a living Eric?

Some e-mails were in the middle where he admitted to being a scammer...

5:00 PM reric96: hey
    5:01 PM me: yo scammer
    5:02 PM reric96: can we have a deal
    me: what ya thinking?
    5:03 PM reric96: to be my agent
    me: what are you talking about?
    5:04 PM reric96: to pick monry for me
    me: what happened to your other "pick up agent?"
    5:05 PM reric96: he is trying to scam me
    5:06 PM me: haha...are you familiar with the term "retarded"
    5:07 PM reric96: no
    5:09 PM you there
    5:10 PM me: where do you live?
    5:11 PM reric96: Nigeria
    5:12 PM me: So you're getting scammed by old Victor, huh?
    reric96: yes
    me: And why would I make a good pickup agent/
    5:13 PM reric96: if you wish to do so
    me: how do I get paid?
    5:14 PM reric96: when you pick the money you will get your own percentage
    me: isn't this dangerous? Have people gotten hurt? Do you supply guns?
    5:15 PM i do not deal wit guns
    5:16 PM me: how many pick ups a week?
    reric96: it depnd on the transaction
    5:17 PM me: That doesn't make sense. how many people will we successfully scam each week?
    5:18 PM reric96: ypur info will be given to my friends
    5:19 PM me: who are your friends?
    reric96: those in nigeria
    5:20 PM we make business together
    me: I see. So how many people will we be scamming/
    ?
    5:21 PM reric96: i dont know
    me: What's your name?
    5:22 PM reric96: Nnamdi
    you there
    5:23 PM me: So what, do i get a fake name to use or something?
    5:24 PM reric96: i will heve to get your full info
    wiyh your sontact
    me: what info do you need?
    reric96: your name and home address
    me: hahaha...why my home address?
    5:25 PM reric96: for the money
    me: how about I set up a PO box so nobody knows my address
    5:27 PM reric96: for people to send the money via western union the will good info
    5:30 PM me: You gave me a PO box for Victor....why wouldn't that work for me?
    5:31 PM reric96: okay you can send the po box
    me: Ahh...you're trying to scam me again.
    5:32 PM Or do some kind of harm
    since you know where i am from you will hwve to send me the money when you pick it up
    5:33 PM i should be afraid to be scam by you when you get the money with you
    5:35 PM me: yeah but you're just trying to get my address.
    5:37 PM reric96: hey
    i dont mean to hurt you
    5:40 PM me: I already have a Job, Nnambi. I work for the FBI. You know about the FBI?
    5:41 PM reric96: yes
    5:42 PM okay thans
    i will look for other person.
    me: I can gather more information about you than you think by just knowing the fake e-mail you use.
    5:43 PM I can trace it to your IP address, once I have you IP address I can find where you are.
    5:44 PM Alot of people you are trying to scam are really FBI agents, and we're taking you down one at a time.
    reric96: go **** yourself
    you have been deceive am from GA
    5:45 PM me: I think someone from GA would know how to speak english a little better Nnambi.
    5:46 PM And they'd know about alot of the things I asked you about earlier that you answered wrong.
    reric96: GO **** YOURSELF
    me: How old are you?
    5:47 PM reric96: WHAT IS YOUR ****ING BUSINESS
    me: My business is protesting American people from scammers like you Nnambi.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Meh, this is why I do all my deals on AR15.com with people who have previous feedback and established reputations, or are otherwise vetted. Only had 2 people in almost a decade back out of a deal, and I was out only time, and they were banned immediately as a result. Sold thousands of $$ worth of stuff on there. I recommend it highly, massive audience!

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've been getting at least 3 calls per week and it's a recording saying if I take a quick 30 second political poll I will get a FREE two day cruise to the Bahamas. These people are freaking persistent.

Top Bottom