Theaters in or around Baton Rouge, What's a good one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Been living here for 4 years give or take now and have not gone to see a movie. Looking to go with my parent in laws next week and need the recommendations of the members here to pick a good clean, good client base, good screen, and sound movie theater. I live in Watson so I know we are gonna have to drive no matter what so I was wondering where you take your family out to the movies.

tokendog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I heard The Rave is a great theater to go to...I've never been to it, but I have been wanting to see a movie there. Your general movie theater is usually a big AMC Palace theater, which is the theater that put most of the mom & pop theaters out of business...apparently The Rave is better than that.

It's located in Baton Rouge.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    We go to movies frequently, mainly at Rave (O'Neal and Mall of LA) and Perkins Rowe. Personally, I like the Rave theatres -- can't say I see much difference in clientelle.

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Been living here for 4 years give or take now and have not gone to see a movie. Looking to go with my parent in laws next week and need the recommendations of the members here to pick a good clean, good client base, good screen, and sound movie theater. I live in Watson so I know we are gonna have to drive no matter what so I was wondering where you take your family out to the movies.

Stay away from Citiplace!!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Stay away from Citiplace!!

Amen.

I have gotten to where I don't like rave at the mall. Especially with recent altercations in that area. I find rave on oneal is better clients. Also closer to Watson as a side plus. I avoid Perkins Rowe at all cost since there where a couple of shootings in the last there and I find the persons hanging around after dark seem to just be loitering.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The one you build in your house.

We pre ordered tickets for the Avengers IMAX at Rave, get there and it is "Sold Out", so much for pre ordering tickets. Anyway, we go to a regular showing since we were already there, the Movie started 20 minutes late, they never showed the previews, and they left the lights on for the first hour of the movie. When we get out, the "Customer Service" counter is empty and a cop stopped me from knocking on the door. I told him I was looking for a manager and he pointed me towards one, I didn't get an apology of any kind, he just took two tickets out of his pocket and said come again. He should have given tickets to everyone in the theater. I gave the tickets to one of my employees who has been doing a good job, I have no intention of going back. We will go to Perkins Rowe for the few movies I don't want to wait to watch on my projector.

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I find that rave and Perkins Rowe is my favorite. My secret........I go to the early Saturday morning showings. No traffic, no idiots talking thru the movie, much less cellphone screens during the movie.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wherever u choose to go go to the earliest showing.

I've been to all of the theaters mentioned and I've not witnessed anything alarming. Nighttime might be a different story.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm feeling my way around Indy movie theaters and going to the first feature negates a LOT. Same with my barber: make 9:00AM Sunday appointments and the only people on the street are the churchgoers.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    The best clientelle (good movie etiquette and such) and never crowded is at Grand Cinema. This used to be a poor theater but they've revamped it and the theaters are pretty nice now. Next best clientelle base would be Rave on O'neal. Last would be Citiplace. Both Raves and Cinemark are farily new, modern theaters.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom