New AWESOME restaraunt in BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    My daughter just went to work for a new eatery in BR. Its called "Portico". It is located in the old Marie Calanders by Walgreens at Sherwood and Coursey. They have one in Monroe, Ruston and now here.

In order to promote via word of mouth, the employees were allowed to bring in guests to eat any and all for free. Oh my, the food is awesome. I had the filet mignon, the brisket sandwich, the spaghetti n meat balls, the mac n cheese, side salad, blueberry bread pudding, brownie ala mode and hot wings. The cheese fries made Chilis CF look and taste like substandard food fare.

The food is outstanding, and the environment is casual. They have a full bar and a patio. They are suppose to be having music/bands according to my daughter.

Up for a change.....try Portico's

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Not trying to take anything away from this place... but making anything on the menu from Chilis, these days, look and taste substandard, is no big trick.

I think Chili's does a respectable job with their chicken fried steak, not as well as Piccadilly. For that matter Huddle House up here in the BlueGrass has a really good one.
    :ohreally:

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    I know she said the steak I ate was $24 and I really didn't even look too good at the menu and cost. I went by her calling out the appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. But I will say the steak was so good I tipped the grill/cook.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I think Chili's does a respectable job with their chicken fried steak, not as well as Piccadilly. For that matter Huddle House up here in the BlueGrass has a really good one.
    :ohreally:

I like their chicken fried steak also. The blazing big mouth burger bites was good when available lol

If your a country/chicken fried steak connoisseur, next time or if ever in baton rouge, eat at franks and try theirs.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I like their chicken fried steak also. The blazing big mouth burger bites was good when available lol

If your a country/chicken fried steak connoisseur, next time or if ever in baton rouge, eat at franks and try theirs.

I lived in the BR area for over 44y. Franks was a place I wanted to go to but never did.

I did eat at the old Jack Sabin's, the first time in 1958 or '59. What a treat.
    :ninja:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I'm not sure if this is just a Ruston promotion, but up here on wednesday they have two for one hamburgers. My wife and I can go in and both get a rather large two patty hamburger and a side and if we both get water, it's less than $9. She has lunch the next day and I have had more than enough food. The only downside to it is when Tech is in session there are tons of students there so there is usually a wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom